Avenger__1 video on ship combat as of 3.24

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I’m curious what you think caused the exodus from Eve. I think it was when players learned that the most potent force in their universe was betrayal. The largest and most powerful orgs were all undone by their own people, rendering service to others useless, pointless and counterproductive. Players left the game in droves when they found the limits of their utopia defined by mankind’s sinful nature.

Like these people playing never heard “if you find a perfect church, don’t join it. You’ll ruin it.”

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I’m curious what you think caused the exodus from Eve. I think it was when players learned that the most potent force in their universe was betrayal. The largest and most powerful orgs were all undone by their own people, rendering service to others useless, pointless and counterproductive. Players left the game in droves when they found the limits of their utopia defined by mankind’s sinful nature.

Like these people playing never heard “if you find a perfect church, don’t join it. You’ll ruin it.”
For eve I think the answer is far simpler in that outside the economic spreadsheet it was lacking in gameplay loops. That outside the adrenaline rush of combat in which you had real consequences of loosing hours if not days of mindless grind, there really was not a lot of content. I know I myself found it repetitive in logging in to check buy orders, haul around and if I was luck entice others to join me I hauling materials around. Setting up build queues based on projected sales and corp needs before logging off. Most of the others where patrolling the borders in the hopes of combat or distracted mining. There was a lot of potential and I gave not played for years so don't know the current state. I do know that ccp's fps was promising in being tied to the economy of eve in that corps could fund proxy wars played out in fps. But I believe it never manifest.

As for SC pirates are not looking for a fair fight I'd they are at all successful in their endeavors they should be looking for easy targets of opportunities. As the saying goes you don't need to be faster than the bear just not the slowest food.

But to come back to the topic the question remains outside of the pvp experience what is there in SC? As there is no real progression no real metric to measure against. I know that there is a common idea that the large ships are a I win condition but cig continues to say that they want a rock paper scissor to ship combat and we see that with the hammerhead vs bombers. I suppose it's why so much of the player base bemoans the lack of pilot controlled weapons on multi-crew ships. But when you change your perspective from ships are the progression like armor and swords in an rpg to guns in a fps you start to see that the game really revolves around conflict. Pitting us against each other as much as against dynamic npc encounters to fill in the gaps. The only thing missing is a metric beyond accumulated wealth.

Forgot your password?