Avengers game at E3 looks completely off brand!

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I actually liked what i saw. Been waiting for MCU game way to long, to bitch about small details.
Ppl are really gonna complain, that we don't have same actors doing motion cap and voices for game?
That we have different story then movies?
Hawkaye did not appear in movie trailers for endgame either. And they said they will be adding characters and regions to game.
And actors seam to be fine to me, watch full reveal 07:15
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsz-sUgOL9k

Even if actors would say yes, the costs of those voices and mo-cap would be insane.

RDJ was the foundational building block of the MCU, jump-starting the entire universe and establishing the overarching tone with 2008’s Iron Man. Thanks to his early access, Downey’s camp negotiated a “unique financial arrangement” with studio head Kevin Feige, per THR. For just three days of work on Spider-Man: Homecoming, the actor was reportedly paid $15 million.
The outlet reports he took home a minimum of $75 million for 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, a total that was likely surpassed with Endgame thanks to box-office bonuses that kick in when films reach certain worldwide benchmarks. Avengers: Endgame earned a record-shattering $1.22 billion in its global debut this past weekend and stands a chance at beating out the current box-office champion, Avatar, which pulled in $2.7 billion.

ScarJo joined the MCU in 2010’s Iron Man 2, and her character, Black Widow, has served as an integral part of the Avengers lineup ever since. After years of hand-wringing, Marvel finally green-lit a solo film for Black Widow, which will be directed by Cate Shortland and arrive in 2020. Given the events of Endgame, it is expected to be a prequel.
Johansson will be earning “a figure in the $20 million range” for both starring in and producing it, per the outlet.
Marvel reportedly set aside roughly $400 million for the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal actors as compensation for the past two Avengers films. Johansson undoubtedly took home a nice slice of that hefty figure.

Hemsworth initially signed a five-picture deal with Marvel in 2010, renegotiating for the final two films in 2017. Before Endgame hit theaters, he confirmed that the movie would mark the end of his current Marvel contract. However, the film left the distinct impression that the star will join the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, while Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi has expressed interest in returning for a fourth Thor standalone movie. The bottom line: Hemsworth may stick around a bit longer, so we don’t have to discuss a recasting of the role.
For the final two Avengers films, he put himself in the “$15 million-to-$20 million range,” reports THR. So why the heck wouldn’t he continue his run?
Also the Spider Man PS4 game that everyone likes, spider man was voiced by guy named Yuri Lowenthal ( https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0523180/?ref_=tt_cl_t1 ) and nobody give a shit, and had fun playing the game.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Been waiting for MCU game way to long, to bitch about small details.
I get that these games typically do not use the same faces and voices as the movies, but IMO its a wasted opportunity.

Im not a comic book guy, I dont read MCU comics. All I know about the MU comes from the movies.

There are millions more like me that have been introduced to the Avengers from the movies of the past 10yrs.

To me, Tony Stark is Iron Man, is RDJ. Its imprinted in my head.

To stick some other actor in that role immediately after a movie as big as Endgame just messes with my version of reality!

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I get that these games typically do not use the same faces and voices as the movies, but IMO its a wasted opportunity.

Im not a comic book guy, I dont read MCU comics. All I know about the MU comes from the movies.

There are millions more like me that have been introduced to the Avengers from the movies of the past 10yrs.

To me, Tony Stark is Iron Man, is RDJ. Its imprinted in my head.

To stick some other actor in that role immediately after a movie as big as Endgame just messes with my version of reality!
So why Sipderman was so well received? It failed all your criteria, and had great scores.
Also had nothing to do with movies.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-Mv7cucGo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ooo3MwUFnA

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
So why Sipderman was so well received? It failed all your criteria, and had great scores.
Whose to say that this game will not be well received?

All Im saying is that it took me by surprise. I just assumed the game would have the same looking characters as the movie.

I cant speak for actual gameplay, we hardly saw any, but I know that Spiderman game play was solid which is a big reason it was well received.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Honestly it looked fine to me i wouldnt expect them to put the faces of everyone from the movie into the game as long as the story is good i think the game will be fine.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Was hoping for Marvel Ultimate Alliance style, i have no idea if im getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I know this one doesnt reach the 26 playable characters Marvel Ultimate Alliance has though.
Well they did say that they will be adding characters to the game, you might have 26 characters pretty fast imo. I think it is how they plan to keep replay ability.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Also I think, it's way more reasonable to hire professional voice actors, that will develop game long term, and will not throw a hissy fit, like big shoot Hollywood actors.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Also it's not like it's some random scrubs doing voices.

Balck Widow chick is Jaina Proudmoore from WoW
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7XPvwRgG8

Nolan North (Iron-Man ) is Nathan Drake from Uncharted
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih8359XhfTs

Hulk guy has been voicing HawkEye for TV series/cartoons lol
All of them have extensive voice acting careers.

Also Destiny 2 got burned by Nathan Fillion for example, and they had to kill his character off, so they could keep making the game.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm sorry but it look like copycat Avengers, I'm gonna make it short. Won't play it even if I got it for free.!

Why do game developer do this and never learn gamer's care about immersion even in a blast all and everything to shit and scrap game style.
Specially When the story is from something most interested in a game from that already seen and heard, then get this as game is like.. What, wtf happen there??

Big mistake not putting in that extra and use the real actors, it is like sitt on the branch you're sawing off the tree, 50/50 that you might make it or not.
What a gamble with so much work put in...

Yeah yeah, they put in a lot a work and used a lot a effects, explosion and all that for what to hear Iron man sound like ae not Iron man and.. ah!...
But really would you play a Star Wars game if Luke, Han, etc.. looked and sound like some one else and not even good looking some one else.

Feel sad for them and do hope it might work out anyway for them, I how ever wont bother with it.

CHEERS! 🍻

WaterShield

Space Marshal
Oct 16, 2015
RSI Handle
WaterShield
I'm sorry but it look like copycat Avengers, I'm gonna make it short. Won't play it even if I got it for free.!

Why do game developer do this and never learn gamer's care about immersion even in a blast all and everything to shit and scrap game style.
Specially When the story is from something most interested in a game from that already seen and heard, then get this as game is like.. What, wtf happen there??

Big mistake not putting in that extra and use the real actors, it is like sitt on the branch you're sawing off the tree, 50/50 that you might make it or not.
What a gamble with so much work put in...

Yeah yeah, they put in a lot a work and used a lot a effects, explosion and all that for what to hear Iron man sound like ae not Iron man and.. ah!...
But really would you play a Star Wars game if Luke, Han, etc.. looked and sound like some one else and not even good looking some one else.

Feel sad for them and do hope it might work out anyway for them, I how ever wont bother with it.

CHEERS! 🍻
I'd like to believe that they are making the game for people who were fans of the Avengers before the movies existed 😃

Last edited:
  • o7

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'd like to believe that they are making the game for people who were fans of the Avengers before the movies existed 😃
Yeah... but I bet they want the hole new bunch that saw the movie to to play to which will bring in million of players more.. this way they lost a part of that... not smart business!

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

You think you've got problems?

Imagine what it's like for the readers of the comics growing up with a character with a certain appearance only to have the movie paste an A-listers face over an image you've known and become accustomed to for 30+ years.

EDIT - no offense to any A-listers who may be associated with any comics characters...

Last edited:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
This game honestly looks fine to me, while not on the scale of GTAV, playing different characters in the same world is cool. As for the argument about the voice actors and mocap not being the main MCU crew, I feel that is moot, especially if you watch the animated movies and cartoon series.

I will be following it but like all the smart rules #nopreorders!

Forgot your password?