AWWWW YISSS! Muthafucking Starfarer!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I never noticed that before. Is that a sword on the front of the Cat? It would make sense, being a pirate ship and all!

What made you decide on the Caterpillar? Between the Starfarer, the Caterpillar, and the Banu I'm having a hard time deciding. I know I'm going to get one. I may can get two. But definitely not all three. I'm pretty sure.
Gonna be honest, I got the Caterpillar because it looks cool as tits.

But also the heavy armor, and lots of heavy duty tractor beams, combined with its stated modular nature, made me think about it as an excellent mission support ship. Something tough enough that you aren't worried about leaving it alone for a few minutes, but has enough cargo room to carry off all the ore/salvage/loot from your various missions.

Plus it looks wicked cool, and Drake is my fav. ship manufacturer.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Gonna be honest, I got the Caterpillar because it looks cool as tits.

But also the heavy armor, and lots of heavy duty tractor beams, combined with its stated modular nature, made me think about it as an excellent mission support ship. Something tough enough that you aren't worried about leaving it alone for a few minutes, but has enough cargo room to carry off all the ore/salvage/loot from your various missions.

Plus it looks wicked cool, and Drake is my fav. ship manufacturer.
I completely forgot about the tractor beams! [Heavy breathing intensifies.] As with the Retalliator that is cargo speced, we're going to have trading in high security/safe areas that will be filled by Banus and Tauruses, and I'm sure there will also be a need for armored/gunned transport for low security/dangerous areas. If I was a pirate trying to pick targets, I'd look for something I knew was less armored/slower. Easier pickings.

Drake ships just seem to imply that there's more too it than meets the eye. Like it's bait for a larger fleet, or maybe the entire cargo is mines and it will start hurling them at my ship with its tractor beams as soon as I get close... I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Caterpillar also ended up with the ability to sensor dampen/smuggle at least part of its cargo.

YARRRR!

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I look at the catapiller as a ship sounds like a great fit for my future Orion, mainly due to the fact I think its the only cargo ship stated to be able to handle and move minerals

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Banu is nice, but can it do fluid cargo?
Yes. It just needs to be outfitted with fluid tanks in its cargo hold(s). They didn't explain this very well, but it looks kinda like the cargo for the MM is basically modular, they look like individual traincar shipping containers. Like each container holds x units and the MM has x individual ones.

Forgot your password?