Bad news for Atlas Defense Industries ADI - caught spamming

Anna

Space Marshal
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
FirebirdX2
wleverett_cig: Hi guys,

We're going to discuss the matter this week as spamming has gotten a bit out of hand. Our first concern is your privacy... you should be able to choose when you want org invites.

More to come soon...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3er2sc/atlas_defense_industries_caught_yet_again_bot

EDIT: Atlas got the image pulled from imgur. It was a screen shot showing a PM a new member recieved. They are sending out invites by PM which is just plain rude against RSI rules.

Reactions: Azmodeth

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Meh, nothing drastic will happen.

Two possible outcomes, 1) is they create a checkbox on sign up that asks if you want to receive org invites or not,
or 2) they reduce the number of invites an org can send, again.

Or maybe both.

Either way, not a big deal.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Meh, nothing drastic will happen.

Two possible outcomes, 1) is they create a checkbox on sign up that asks if you want to receive org invites or not,
or 2) they reduce the number of invites an org can send, again.

Or maybe both.

Either way, not a big deal.
It's not about the blind org invites, but rather the blind PRIVATE RECRUITMENT MESSAGES...this circumvents the org invite limits.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
AAHHHH!

Ok I missed that.

I see the problem here and I see what they have done.

You are limited to how many invites you can send, so they mass PM to get their shit out.

Yeah, that is taking it a bit too far!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
AAHHHH!

Ok I missed that.

I see the problem here and I see what they have done.

You are limited to how many invites you can send, so they mass PM to get their shit out.

Yeah, that is taking it a bit too far!
That's actually been their standard M.O. since before Seung plugged that JSON call hole.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault

Shenanigons

Captain
Jul 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Shenanigons
The screengrabs have been taken down. Does anyone have a copy?
This is what they sent me:

I am inviting you to Atlas Defense Industries ( http://adiclan.com ) where we focus on quality and quantity. Many of our members have experience in combat (ARMA) and flight simulators (BMS/DCS) and they will be adapting their knowledge to Star Citizen. We are looking for casual and hardcore gamers to enjoy the benefits of our ship fleet, training, and the camaraderie of working with people you can have fun with.

We are actively recruiting to expand four divisions within ADI: Commerce, Mining & Logistics; Asset Protection & Recovery; Exploration & Survey; and Fleet Security. So whether your goal is to be a commerce tycoon, combat ace, or explore the unknown, ADI will provide you with the training and infrastructure necessary for you to reach your potential. However, even though every member will be assigned to a single division within ADI, our members will always have the freedom to participate in all aspects of the Star Citizen Universe.

ADI believes in three basic rules:

Rule #1: Do not be a jerk.
Rule #2: Do not cause drama.
Rule #3: Real life comes first.

As part of joining, we ask that you follow the instructions in the link below.
https://atlasdefenseindustries.com/join-adi

When you are ready to join an Organization, we hope that you will consider ADI.

-SnakeEyedBlaze
ADI Recruiter, Fleet Security

Forgot your password?