Banu Defender commercial

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
In the early patches it felt like trying to fly a cinder block with solid fuel rockets attached to it.

Since then the mass and thrusters have been adjusted. Still doesn't feel as agile as the stats page suggests but flies well enough to be fun for me.

Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think it would be great in a small group to tank with, but the leaked online vid is unimpressive to me, and I just can't adapt to having so much forward view blocked by your own ship.

I think the point is that the second seat angles the shields and the pilot kills targets, so drawing fire with this is okay so long as it is ahead of you. If the stories of angled shields are true, then everyone is going to try to get behind this bird. It is asking for trouble as much as flying a glass cannon, save that you can tip the shields back so you'll be fine, so long as you have only one combatant to face.

All my Roberts links are timing out. Seems there is some buzz going down. . .

Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I think it would be great in a small group to tank with, but the leaked online vid is unimpressive to me, and I just can't adapt to having so much forward view blocked by your own ship.

I think the point is that the second seat angles the shields and the pilot kills targets, so drawing fire with this is okay so long as it is ahead of you. If the stories of angled shields are true, then everyone is going to try to get behind this bird. It is asking for trouble as much as flying a glass cannon, save that you can tip the shields back so you'll be fine, so long as you have only one combatant to face.

All my Roberts links are timing out. Seems there is some buzz going down. . .
Not directional shields, the co-pilot is to control shield hardening (it is mentioned in the patch notes but not detailed. I'm guessing that since the in-game shield description mentions blocking both ballistic and energy damage it has to do with that, especially since I did see a difference in Pirate Swarm between how much damage I took without vs with hardening enabled.)

Reactions: Blind Owl and Scape

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Not directional shields, the co-pilot is to control shield hardening (it is mentioned in the patch notes but not detailed. I'm guessing that since the in-game shield description mentions blocking both ballistic and energy damage it has to do with that, especially since I did see a difference in Pirate Swarm between how much damage I took without vs with hardening enabled.)
What's really cool about that is this introduces the multi-crew value to the game. In my humble opinion they should add shield hardening to multi crew ships in general especially combat ships.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
What's really cool about that is this introduces the multi-crew value to the game. In my humble opinion they should add shield hardening to multi crew ships in general especially combat ships.
I can certainly see the benefit to that but based off the lore it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 'Banu-Only' or only for certain alien ships.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I can certainly see the benefit to that but based off the lore it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 'Banu-Only' or only for certain alien ships.
Right, I get that. So perhaps another form of shield manipulation from support consoles in non-alien ships.

Forgot your password?