Banu Defender, good fit for bounty hunting?

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Greetings testies,

While I currently have great hopes for the hawk (which I own, in addition to plan on working in tandem with my brother who's got cutlass blue), I was wondering if the Banu Defender could also make a great bounty hunting ship? Or good complement to the blue?

IMO the defender is likely to tick many boxes:
- fast and agile
- sniper-laser guns (4S3)
- strong shield (M)
- EMP missiles (TBC)
- room for a gunner pal (noiiice)
- long range (double tanks)
- beds
- space for gun storage (looking at schematics)

My only concern would be: can I just cuff a bounty and throw thy bounty in the back area? If ones wake up we could just set a timer and whack that person successively... It'd be nice if even cuffed the player (now NPC) would remain conscious and able to move, but enable to use stuff in the ship haha

EDIT: I've seen a similar post on spectrum which I am barely echoing here

Last edited:

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
I want to stuff a dude in a box, lock it and throw it in a ship and take him in... build a reputation... “ don’t mess with Duhb or he will kick you in the nads and you wake up locked in a box headed to the advocacy, of your lucky” they have said once you secure them in your ship they turn into “cargo” and the player wakes up in jail... so if I stuff you in a box, and leave it on a dock somewhere they shouldn’t spawn anywhere but said box right

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
I want to stuff a dude in a box, lock it and throw it in a ship and take him in... build a reputation... “ don’t mess with Duhb or he will kick you in the nads and you wake up locked in a box headed to the advocacy, of your lucky” they have said once you secure them in your ship they turn into “cargo” and the player wakes up in jail... so if I stuff you in a box, and leave it on a dock somewhere they shouldn’t spawn anywhere but said box right
Hmm not sure I followed here,I agree with the first part: when a player gets captured in a pod he/she then waked up at the advocacy, and we basically drag an NPC, so I was wondering what would happen if we don't lock the NPC in a pod? (I've edited my typo above)

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Yeah I don't think this has been answered however at a best guess they could make the player, now an NPC, completely passive so even if left standing in a hallway for a 3 hour flight you still get to finish the mission without him escaping or shooting you in the head as you fly the ship.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Greetings testies,

While I currently have great hopes for the hawk (which I own, in addition to plan on working in tandem with my brother who's got cutlass blue), I was wondering if the Banu Defender could also make a great bounty hunting ship? Or good complement to the blue?

IMO the defender is likely to tick many boxes:
- fast and agile
- sniper-laser guns (4S3)
- strong shield (M)
- EMP missiles (TBC)
- room for a gunner pal (noiiice)
- long range (double tanks)
- beds
- space for gun storage (looking at schematics)

My only concern would be: can I just cuff a bounty and throw thy bounty in the back area? If ones wake up we could just set a timer and whack that person successively... It'd be nice if even cuffed the player (now NPC) would remain conscious and able to move, but enable to use stuff in the ship haha

EDIT: I've seen a similar post on spectrum which I am barely echoing here
I think the nature of the Banu Defender is in its name.... REALLY good at defending ships, probably not so great at bounty hunting people. Read teh Q&A on the Defender that CIG provided. That is about the jist of what we know about it right now.

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
I think the nature of the Banu Defender is in its name.... REALLY good at defending ships, probably not so great at bounty hunting people. Read teh Q&A on the Defender that CIG provided. That is about the jist of what we know about it right now.
Cheers, so I've read it as well, from my understanding they describe a fast manoeuvrable ship which sounds too me that I could use it to chase and disable people... I guess we'll see when it comes out! Fingers crossed I can use it as a Q-ship ;) ;)

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Also also also, since the defender is good at defending, I can still use it to defend the cutlass blue while he is attacking the bounty ... by also attacking the bounty ! makes total sense now

Reactions: hardroc77

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
It may be good, but who want crab vision?

Reactions: hardroc77 and Zadig

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Cheers, so I've read it as well, from my understanding they describe a fast maneuverable ship which sounds too me that I could use it to chase and disable people... I guess we'll see when it comes out! Fingers crossed I can use it as a Q-ship ;) ;)
You haven't said how you plan to take your bounties, but unless you will be using a second seat, I think the Hawk is probably your best choice. After that the Avenger. If you plan to have a second seat filled, IMHO the Vanguards are all better craft than the Defender, which highly restricts your view and has lesser guns. For bounties I would look at the Sentinel.

Reactions: Zadig and hardroc77

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Why not get a Cutlass Blue? it's cheaper and better for the role
Already have one ;) I was looking at the defender cause I'm planning on using it for its primary role, but was wondering if it could double as a BH ship really

Last edited:
Reactions: hardroc77

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
You haven't said how you plan to take your bounties, but unless you will be using a second seat, I think the Hawk is probably your best choice. After that the Avenger. If you plan to have a second seat filled, IMHO the Vanguards are all better craft than the Defender, which highly restricts your view and has lesser guns. For bounties I would look at the Sentinel.
Well if I really really want cells, I plan on using the blue... I am having a very hard time chosing which one to pleadge for between the three: my reason goes to the avenger, heart goes to the hawk and alienmind goes to the defender really. At the moment all points towards pledging for the hawk, but that crab >-oO-<

I am not a big fan of the vanguard, plus it does not suit my 2018 restric..solution in terms of expenses in star citizen. Why did yo consider the Sentinel? Also the view should be greatly improved according to the Q&A

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I am seeing a bunch of wasted space in the Defender, but I am not seeing enough space to properly secure a bounty.

The most important factor is how well do you like the ship. It is all about how you feel about the aesthetics. If you don't like the look of the ship, you won't be happy with it.

For example, I really dislike the aesthetic of the Cutlass and the cockpit of the Constellation series. No matter how well I figure they can perform for a Bounty Hunter, I just don't like them so you won't find me buying them. :)

Reactions: Zadig

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
I am seeing a bunch of wasted space in the Defender, but I am not seeing enough space to properly secure a bounty.

The most important factor is how well do you like the ship. It is all about how you feel about the aesthetics. If you don't like the look of the ship, you won't be happy with it.

For example, I really dislike the aesthetic of the Cutlass and the cockpit of the Constellation series. No matter how well I figure they can perform for a Bounty Hunter, I just don't like them so you won't find me buying them. :slight_smile:
Totally agree with that, I do really like the concept of this ship actually, hopefully its implementation will be faithful to it! Should be good.

Hey I'm curious, what do you dislike about the Cutlass? I have to say I'm having mixed feelings about this ship, even though it became much meaner and it still performs well, but I feel there is something about the line which is less classy that before... Hopefully the Blue will have a grasp the ' sleek and royal' aspect I've been waiting for with this ship ;)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Totally agree with that, I do really like the concept of this ship actually, hopefully its implementation will be faithful to it! Should be good.

Hey I'm curious, what do you dislike about the Cutlass? I have to say I'm having mixed feelings about this ship, even though it became much meaner and it still performs well, but I feel there is something about the line which is less classy that before... Hopefully the Blue will have a grasp the ' sleek and royal' aspect I've been waiting for with this ship ;)
Drake ships in general feel less spaceworthy than a World War 2 aircraft to me. :) Drake ships, to me are too blocky, as well. Those are the aesthetic reasons. The only Drake item I like the look of is the Dragonfly. :) It isn't that the ship can't do the job, it is just that I don't like it. :) It is a personal thing. :)

From a practical standpoint, I decided, as a planned Bounty Hunter, after some serious consideration, to skip the Cutlass size ship and go straight from the Avenger to the Retaliator, though the Connie should work as well. I figure I need a vessel that can carry a ground vehicle as well as Prisoners and I don't think a bike is a good choice for carrying a resisting prisoner. :)

Now the question becomes can I shove a bounty into a 1 SCU box to carry in a Cyclone or do I need an Ursa. LOL. Both fit in a Connie and both should fit in, at least, the forward cargo bay of a Retaliator.

Note that RSI has mentioned both the Connie and the Retaliator as a ship for Bounty Hunters. :)

When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation.

And

The Future
There are more Retaliator modules in the pipeline! As the mechanics behind various persistent universe roles begin to take their final form, we will be developing additional modules to support different jobs. These include cryo-stasis pods for bounty hunters, medical equipment, recharging stations for Titan armor, salvage equipment and more.

Reactions: Zadig
Forgot your password?