Banu Defender

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
With more cargo space than the Hull C and probably better defense against pirates. Plus the Hull series has the cargo exposed on all sides, while the MM is better defended. It seems like a clear decision for me which one to go for.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
If the stats are correct, the BMM will become a HUGE ship:
Size doesn't matter™

But since I'm not really into this alien design, I've decided to stay with the Hull C and the Caterpillar (hopefully that I can hold onto this decision).
Stand firm Sam... stick with your decisions.. Only change your decision under the most dire of circumstance, such as if the day happens to end in the letter "Y", or maybe even if "you just feel like it"!

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
I can see visuals being a problem in the current iteration that we all play in, but seeing as this game is nowhere near final, and i expect that the radar and other sensors will become increasingly more important, This ship could become a very good defensive ship, which is what it is supposed to be.

Also, I'm sure when they start whiteboxing and greyboxing if there are any major view issues they will adjust for it then.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Filthy alien trash. I need me a ship built with human hands. Who needs sleek lines, large shields, co-pilot gunners, and those sexy...interior....storage solutions.....oh....oh god. I....i think I want one.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
If the stats are correct, the BMM will become a HUGE ship:

But since I'm not really into this alien design, I've decided to stay with the Hull C and the Caterpillar (hopefully that I can hold onto this decision).
Yes I think it will be a monster. I'm hoping so anyway as the current internal design seems way too limited for the ship role. It is touted as a home as much as a cargo transport yet in the CIG concept art it has bunk beds as opposed to individual cabin space, and that really gives it the feel of a utilitarian transport. If they do it justice then we're talking at least a 30% size boost.

Still there's hope that they may be converted from BMM to BPB (Butuz Party Boat). Either way, I think it's going to be a thing of beauty.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Hmmmmm....
To Banu or not to Banu;
That is the question.

I like the ship, but I see the cockpit view being an issue. However, that is something they'll probably adjust once they start building the thing.

Anyone else see hints of Kiltathi fighters in this thing?
I agree with u. I did go ahead and got one. You have massive blind spots with the current lay out. I don't really understand why the went with such an odd design.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I am not afraid to say that I picked up the BMM/Def combo because LTI, however over rated it may be, and a couple Defenders for some dumb reason.
The value of LTI on the BMM should not be underestimated. Normal insurance may not cover you in higher risk areas (according to an old post by Chris Roberts, that may not be canon), but LTI will cover you anywhere. Having cast-iron insurance on the BMM will allow you to go into areas that you might otherwise be forced through prudence to stay clear of. For a trading ship that's UEC in the bank.

Forgot your password?