Banu Merchantman

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
I've used reddit's gray market .. no bad experiences for my part. Make sure they send paypal invoices. I imagine it is still possible to have a bad experience though.

Unless you are trying to save silly amounts of money, I'd recommend getting a LTI token and waiting for the anniversary sale. This will not work with limited ships, but I don't think the BMM is limited at this time. I do think it is a VERY under valued ship when you consider CIG's current pricing model. I can only imagine what its value will be once it goes to the PTU. If may very well follow the Carrack model as the BMM is one of the most popular ship concepts.

As a backer that has put stupid amounts of $$ into this game ... I strongly, STRONGLY, encourage you to limit your pre-launch ship spending to 2-3 ships. Take time to think through your wanted career choices based on your gaming experiences.
Yeah once I get a hold of the BMM I will have 4 ships total and have no plans of acquiring more. My brother has 2 ships also which I will %100 of the time have access to. I actually prefer to earn most of my ships in game as I love the work towards a reward and the satisfaction of finally getting it, so that will not be a problem for me.

I am sitting on the Corsair, Vulture, and BMM, plus the Defender which I got for the relationship it will have with the BMM. I may upgrade the Vulture to the Apollo but that is the last thing I am considering as of now.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah once I get a hold of the BMM I will have 4 ships total and have no plans of acquiring more. My brother has 2 ships also which I was %100 of the time have access to. I actually prefer to earn most of my ships in game as I love the work toward it and satisfaction of finally getting it, so that will not be a problem for me.

I am sitting on the Corsair, Vulture, and BMM, plus the Defender which I got for the relationship it will have with the BMM. I may upgrade the Vulture to the Apollo but that is the last thing I am considering as of now.
I have a few Jpegs that look like space ships in SC. I like them & want to help fund SC towards being the best game it can be. So I will probably add more as finances allow over time.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
I have a few Jpegs that look like space ships in SC. I like them & want to help fund SC towards being the best game it can be. So I will probably add more as finances allow over time.
Yeah I have pledged and am happy to help fund the game, at this point now it comes down to the ships I want to end up with and if pledging a few more dollars to get that ship is how I do it I am fine with that.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
As a backer that has put stupid amounts of $$ into this game ... I strongly, STRONGLY, encourage you to limit your pre-launch ship spending to 2-3 ships. Take time to think through your wanted career choices based on your gaming experiences.
Sage advice. I had far too many ships at one point. I know have few, and I'm much happier that way. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of store credit and a 20% off coupon awaiting my use, so my 3-4 ships may grow slightly to 5-6. Ships are hard!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Sage advice. I had far too many ships at one point. I know have few, and I'm much happier that way. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of store credit and a 20% off coupon awaiting my use, so my 3-4 ships may grow slightly to 5-6. Ships are hard!
Advice that went in one ear and out the other as I drank my beer and slammed the buy now button.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If you're that put out by it I could take that coupon off your hands! 😇 O_o7

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Advice that went in one ear and out the other as I drank my beer and slammed the buy now button.
Haha, been there. A few times now. Ugh.
If you're that put out by it I could take that coupon off your hands! 😇 O_o7
Hahah, sweet little angel eyes. I'm going to use it, but this time I intend to think it through. Patience.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
BMM was one of the first ships I got. I am going to have to be patient whilst waiting for it. It's melt value is 235 - it's a ridiculous ship for the money. I'll never melt it as what can you buy with 235 nowadays? A small cargo ship, or maybe a fighter? Pfftt. I'd rather have my massive blockade running flying brothel any day of the week!

I bought it on the white market - I call it the white market because it's not even grey, there's nothing wrong with doing it, it's part of the game! But I fundamentally disagree with CIGs obsession with removing ships from sale for no real reason.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
BMM was one of the first ships I got. I am going to have to be patient whilst waiting for it. It's melt value is 235 - it's a ridiculous ship for the money. I'll never melt it as what can you buy with 235 nowadays? A small cargo ship, or maybe a fighter? Pfftt. I'd rather have my massive blockade running flying brothel any day of the week!

I bought it on the white market - I call it the white market because it's not even grey, there's nothing wrong with doing it, it's part of the game! But I fundamentally disagree with CIGs obsession with removing ships from sale for no real reason.
It is also a good ship to upgrade to something else if you ever decide you would rather have something else that is more than $350. Huge discount for what you originally paid for it. I am pretty excited to get one myself, it is the first ship that really caught my eye. First ship i bought was the Cutlass which I no longer have.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
I am officially an owner of a Banu Merchantman!! 🤤

Thank you to everyone that took the time to share some advice. I appreciate @Blind Owl for taking some of your own time to help me out with some great knowledge and insight. Also a big thanks to @DirectorGunner for hooking me up with this phat ride as well as taking your time to help me out! An awesome community we have here that has each others backs. If you ever feel like you need some information or insight, you have a great group of people here that will help at the drop of a space helmet.

Cheers! 🍻

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Thank you to everyone that took the time to share some advice. I appreciate @Blind Owl for taking some of your own time to help me out with some great knowledge and insight. Also a big thanks to @DirectorGunner for hooking me up with this phat ride as well as taking your time to help me out! An awesome community we have here that has each others backs. If you ever feel like you need some information or insight, you have a great group of people here that will help at the drop of a space helmet.

Cheers! 🍻
I'm glad that everything worked out for you @Vashpede & that you can now see why TEST Squadron truly is the Best Squardon in the Star Citizen Verse. This being said, I don't think that either of them would mind you buying them a space beer in game should ever you meet up before you let them see your new beautiful ship. Cheers to friendship!

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
^^^^ two of the coolest guys in test you tagged in there!!
Agreed!!

I'm glad that everything worked out for you @Vashpede & that you can now see why TEST Squadron truly is the Best Squardon in the Star Citizen Verse. This being said, I don't think that either of them would mind you buying them a space beer in game should ever you meet up before you let them see your new beautiful ship. Cheers to friendship!
I will put together a Sloma for these two at some point!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Cheers! 🍻
My pleasure brother. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward, and this community had been extraordinary to me.
^^^^ two of the coolest guys in test you tagged in there!!
Agreed!!

I will put together a Sloma for these two at some point!
You're making me jealous and wanting to buy mine back! Glad you got one for yourself. And those guys are awesome!
Jesus lads, you're making me blush. Thank you.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
You're making me jealous and wanting to buy mine back! Glad you got one for yourself. And those guys are awesome!
Haha thanks, I love the Banu look and can not wait to hopefully sell my goods I find while exploring and salvaging! Yes they are awesome!

My pleasure brother. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward, and this community had been extraordinary to me.
I am repeatedly seeing that and fully agree on paying it forward. Test is going to do great things and make history here!

CONGRATULATIONS.
Welcome to the BMM elite.......

🍺 :like:
Thank you thank you! I am ecstatic about being one of the elite! 🍻

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So I was looking on the site and it says the Merchantman holds 3584 in cargo. I had always assumed this was the old FU (Freight Units) they used to use, but evidently it used to hold 6000FU and was updated after the Hull series came out!

This thing will hold near 3600 SCU!! I'm definitely getting mine back now! If you mined in a Mole and filled the hold with Agricium that's almost 10 million UEC...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So I was looking on the site and it says the Merchantman holds 3584 in cargo. I had always assumed this was the old FU (Freight Units) they used to use, but evidently it used to hold 6000FU and was updated after the Hull series came out!

This thing will hold near 3600 SCU!! I'm definitely getting mine back now! If you mined in a Mole and filled the hold with Agricium that's almost 10 million UEC...

Just know that this is the old way of doing ship concepts and like the Carrack and others the cargo volume can and most likely will change. The other consideration is that the Merchantman could have shops and like the Kraken some of that space might be partitioned off for store merchandise use.

Forgot your password?