Banu Merchantman

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Well if you are nearby and don't necessarily mind knowing where the goods are coming from or why some of them seem to have blood splatter on them then you can count on me providing quality merchandise at bargain prices.
I never ask questions about where the goods come from haha, unless it is a doggo, I would never want to steal someones doggo.

TeaJizzle

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2019
RSI Handle
TeaJizzle
I wonder what's going to happen with the price. It's already gone from $250 to $350 and if it's going to compare to the carrack in size and with the alien tax on top we could be looking at another $600+ ship at release, not bad for people that bought them for $200ish with money saving CCUs.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I hope so cause I have a feeling there will be a few of us in need of a good fence.
My thoughts exactly, so we can contact you, find out what you need & bring it to you to trade those items for your items with a slight sir charge. Then take those obtained items to those that need them to trade for clean items that can be sold openly for the profit.

I agree, and it's one of those areas I eagerly await clarification. Chris has stated he doesn't want passive income. That ships that do not have PC's on them will despawn if there is enough available beds for the NPC crew. So these two points don't make it seem like you'll be able to leave your ship to do other missions. But at the same time how can a Bazaar operate without being online and station for hours at a time? And it's not just the Merchantman the Privateer has the same conundrum as to how it will allow players and NPC's to come to the market without traping the Captain in a dull babysitting role of the stationary market playing solitaire and wondering why is all the rum gone.
With NPC's operating the shops at the Bazaar, the players / crew can leave to explore the area, shop, run missions, etc.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I didn't hear anything about the BMM getting shrunk back down, any source? As for the cargo space, it is entirely possible that it maintains the total cargo volume but like the Privateer, some of that space will be earmarked only for the shops it's attached to. While allowing it to still be a great merchant ship will prevent it from being a decent cargo-hauling ship.
Changing it because of the Kraken Privateer is stupid.

It was concepted as a Clipper, while flexible they were always at their core still a cargo ship. They were famous as blockade runners due to The Battle of Baltimore in 1814, and were known for their speed and generous cargo capacity for the size.

I cannot find the video, but there was one around the time it was announced the Carrack was going back down to around 125 where they mentioned they intend for the BMM to be able to land on any pad the Carrack can, so it'll be the about the same length but wider, to diffuse the theories it'd become a Capital ship.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My thoughts exactly, so we can contact you, find out what you need & bring it to you to trade those items for your items with a slight sir charge. Then take those obtained items to those that need them to trade for clean items that can be sold openly for the profit.

With NPC's operating the shops at the Bazaar, the players / crew can leave to explore the area, shop, run missions, etc.
The NPC's do run the shops but if no PC's are on the ship then the game mechanic makes it despawn.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Changing it because of the Kraken Privateer is stupid.

It was concepted as a Clipper, while flexible they were always at their core still a cargo ship. They were famous as blockade runners due to The Battle of Baltimore in 1814, and were known for their speed and generous cargo capacity for the size.

I cannot find the video, but there was one around the time it was announced the Carrack was going back down to around 125 where they mentioned they intend for the BMM to be able to land on any pad the Carrack can, so it'll be the about the same length but wider, to diffuse the theories it'd become a Capital ship.

I'll look. But as for wider not sure how it can be longer or wider than the Carrack currently is and still fit on the same landing pad user the same hanger as the Carrack is about as big as the current metric allows for.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
The NPC's do run the shops but if no PC's are on the ship then the game mechanic makes it despawn.
I know with the Privateer q&a they mentioned that it will despawn if no players are on or near when the owner is offline. So if they are still online I believe it still stays around? It is not very clear but it is under a question that is referring to the owner being offline specifically.

Source: Privateer Q&A

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
so, just to confirm, the Merchantman ship is NOT in game now, and not predicted to be released within the next year or so at least -- is that correct?
Your guess is as good as the next. But I would not bet against you at the moment, it seems most of the ship pipeline is focused on SQ42 assets and unless the Merchantman is needed for SQ42 then it would be a way off. The good news is with the Defender done the Merchantman shouldn't be too far behind.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Honestly, I'm just hoping for some nifty alien-y shit with the decor and amenities. Goldblum's Folley needs to have at LEAST a weird-ass slime hot tub or like a three-tittied bartender or something....

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
so, just to confirm, the Merchantman ship is NOT in game now, and not predicted to be released within the next year or so at least -- is that correct?
Your guess is as good as the next. But I would not bet against you at the moment, it seems most of the ship pipeline is focused on SQ42 assets and unless the Merchantman is needed for SQ42 then it would be a way off. The good news is with the Defender done the Merchantman shouldn't be too far behind.
The ship design team that was set to work on & complete the BMM were tasked with completing the Defender to get the ship styling down for the Banu, then worked on the 890J before heading to the BMM. While I don't believe that it will become flight ready this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see it launched by the end of next year around the time of SQ42. (beta?)

Honestly, I'm just hoping for some nifty alien-y shit with the decor and amenities. Goldblum's Folley needs to have at LEAST a weird-ass slime hot tub or like a three-tittied bartender or something....
I'll skip the slime hot tub & get triplets of the bartender, I've got TESTies to loosen up at my BMM bazaar while they shop my wares. This being said, should this happen, I'll be working to find a way to get nudity into the game before then, because those interstellar beauties need to be seen to be fully appreciated.

diskawrs

Captain
Feb 13, 2020
RSI Handle
diskawrs

Or give me a offer for the whole account.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?