Bar Citizen Manchester, UK 17th June 2023

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Is anyone else from Test planning on going to the Manchester Bar Citizen event this coming Saturday? I'm going.

Manchester, United Kingdom - Saturday, June 17, 4pm
BrewDog Doghouse Manchester
18-20 Fountain St, Manchester, M2 2AR, England

Lists of upcoming Bar Citizen events:
Spectum: International Bar Citizen Weekend 2023 - Announcements - Star Citizen - Spectrum v6.8.2 (robertsspaceindustries.com)
Comm-link:Bar Citizen - We're Coming To You In 2023! - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Fek sake I am away. This is about the 8th cool thing I want to go to thats happens to be on the one weekend I am already away lol

ngghhhhh

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Had a great time at the Manchester Bar Citizen meet-up yesterday. Nice to meet you @Jess [noobaside], and also met a bunch of other players from other orgs. It exceeded my expectations. I would guess 100+ players and maybe 20-30 CIG staff. Sat with Jared Huckaby for quite a while and got a fist bump (he understandably wasn’t shaking hands as he didn’t want to get sick), and chatted with Bored Gamer for a bit. But lots of other good SC chat, and made a few new friends. Oh, and I won a Gladius in the quiz. I think Jess won a Vulture. Saw some chap win a Carrack! Well worth the trip, would do that again.

Wrong side of the country for me but have fun dudes, and remember: If it isn't for the GLORY of TEST you're not doing it right!
Definitely glorious! Put in a good word about Test to some of the people I was talking to. The highlight was a guy who just had an Aurora, and had been playing SC for about 9 months with his lifelong best mate who’s a bit more into the game and is senior in a smaller org. But the dude came to Bar Citizen anyway. Fantastic.

IMG_7329.jpeg

Jared taking a group photo/video, which he posted on Twitter: View: https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1670124284004519937?s=61&t=7PMiJTl_e45HuWkAWRMYQg

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Had a great time at the Manchester Bar Citizen meet-up yesterday. Nice to meet you @Jess [noobaside], and also met a bunch of other players from other orgs. It exceeded my expectations. I would guess 100+ players and maybe 20-30 CIG staff. Sat with Jared Huckaby for quite a while and got a fist bump (he understandably wasn’t shaking hands as he didn’t want to get sick), and chatted with Bored Gamer for a bit. But lots of other good SC chat, and made a few new friends. Oh, and I won a Gladius in the quiz. I think Jess won a Vulture. Saw some chap win a Carrack! Well worth the trip, would do that again.

Definitely glorious! Put in a good word about Test to some of the people I was talking to. The highlight was a guy who just had an Aurora, and had been playing SC for about 9 months with his lifelong best mate who’s a bit more into the game and is senior in a smaller org. But the dude came to Bar Citizen anyway. Fantastic.

View attachment 24714
Jared taking a group photo/video, which he posted on Twitter: View: https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1670124284004519937?s=61&t=7PMiJTl_e45HuWkAWRMYQg
For the GLORY of TEST!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I attended the Austin, TX Bar Citizen June 2023 event with CIG in attendance with @Ataleena . We had a great time, met a LOT of CIG staff (I'd guess at least half of the attendees were from CIG), met a bunch of streamers including TEST Squadron member @TheAstroPub and managed to also arrive in time to pick up a Banu Tholo loot card. The food was good, the conversations were incredible & overall it was a wonderful time. Totally worth the 4 hours of driving each way to attend. If any of you have opportunities to addend Bar Citizen events near you, I highly recommend doing so, especially if CIG has stated that they will be there. You never know what sorts of questions or topics will be discussed. TESTify!

SC - Banu Tholo sku 4k.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I attended the Austin, TX Bar Citizen June 2023 event with CIG in attendance with @Ataleena . We had a great time, met a LOT of CIG staff (I'd guess at least half of the attendees were from CIG), met a bunch of streamers including TEST Squadron member @TheAstroPub and managed to also arrive in time to pick up a Banu Tholo loot card. The food was good, the conversations were incredible & overall it was a wonderful time. Totally worth the 4 hours of driving each way to attend. If any of you have opportunities to addend Bar Citizen events near you, I highly recommend doing so, especially if CIG has stated that they will be there. You never know what sorts of questions or topics will be discussed. TESTify!

View attachment 24720
Oooooh, so the Ultimate-Poll-a-like thingamabob was this years companion cube puzzle box everyone lost their cool about last year? Noice!

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Yep, forgot to mention the Tholo… the nice man from CIG was giving a little card with a scratch-off strip revealing a redeemable code, free to each player attending.
IMG_0375.jpeg

I think an upcoming Q&A on Comm-Link will explain more, but the gist seems to be it is more or less an in game fidget spinner, of no practical use, just a cool trinket.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yep, forgot to mention the Tholo… the nice man from CIG was giving a little card with a scratch-off strip revealing a redeemable code, free to each player attending.
View attachment 24721
I think an upcoming Q&A on Comm-Link will explain more, but the gist seems to be it is more or less an in game fidget spinner, of no practical use, just a cool trinket.
If it is a practical as the Ultimate Poll it'll change your life.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
View attachment 24721
Perhaps it'll help us TESTify by choosing which beer we're supposed to drink at the bar. That would be rather like a Magic 8 Ball

Forgot your password?