Battlefield 1

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
this game is the game of all games....... holy shit it is fun to run around the battlefield as a medic just stabbing people with a syringe bringing life back to be!

Reactions: hardroc77

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
$45.99 on Green Man Gaming. 23% off.
Still not sure if I'll pick up. What do you guys think?
That was enough for me, just grabbed it. The early reviews are very impressive and I enjoyed the beta.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
So... who wants to play this shit?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Apart from my K/D ratio being the other way around of the one posted by @Gauna above, I really really enjoy this game! I haven't been into any CoD or BF games since the good old BF1942, but I was hooked on this one since the beta.
The chaos, the sounds, the rush, the horses and bayonet runs, all combined with the random weather....
It's pretty damn awesome me thinks! :)
Oh , and the single player campaign, although short, was pretty decent as well!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I'm doing the early access on pc. Not too bad so far. I'm glad to be able to get 10 hours play time before having to pull the trigger.
No Man Sky left a bad taste in my mouth for pre-orders. A taste like stale beer and moldy bread.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I want this game very much. I just don't think I have time for it without taking away from other games I want to play. Is it worth picking this up if I'm playing a lot of Overwatch right now?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I want this game very much. I just don't think I have time for it without taking away from other games I want to play. Is it worth picking this up if I'm playing a lot of Overwatch right now?
This is my problem. I just got Civ VI and have 2 more in Nov coming out!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hell, I looked at my ps4 games rack and noticed I had a copy of Dragon Age Inquisition unopened. Bought the damned thing and never got around to it. So no BF1 for me.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I was in the same situation, but for me it worked out alright. The much faster pace and higher levels of mindless mayhem of BF1 are a lot of fun, while the slower but much more colorful and happy style of Overwatch can be also as much fun and relaxing, depending on my mood. So I think it's worth it, they are different enough to have a place on my HDD at the same time (although I'd recommend installing them on an SSD, load times can be soooooo much faster that way)

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I'm an old fan of BF, played a lot of the Desert Combat mod of BF1942 (yes my hair is turning white!), nothing like playing assault in 'Lost Village'!. Anyone?
Vietnam was good, although I didn't like the new vehicle 'feel' (apart from the helo radio blaring 'Ride of the Valkyrie').
I skipped BF2 and bought BF3 but was pretty unhappy with the EA release schedule for DLC. I'm a filthy casual (work constraints) and frankly could not keep up with pace, I was still playing through campaign and starting to get some online unlocks when 'Hardline' started happening (yeh that slow, but 1942 was around for years if I remember rightly!), I just gave up as everyone moved to BF4.
BF1 looks amazing and I miss that huge scale battle feeling but am concerned it will fly by with season pass style DLC again. Also I love Star Wars but how do people feel about Battlefront? I couldn't help the feeling of console portiness!
Is BF1 like that?

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I used to be all over Battlefield releases but was quite dissapointed with Hardline so this kinda passed me by. Good to hear people are enjoying it!
I will keep an eye on it!
(Desert Combat mod was excellent btw, the chopper flying was hard as balls haha)

edit: Battlefront has always felt like a battlefield light to me for some reason

Reactions: o-BHG-o
Forgot your password?