Begun the building of the gaming PC has.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Do you run a single PC?
I'm using a dual-PC setup for streaming while gaming. If you are going to be using two PCs, you can probably do fine with the i5 in your gaming system, although I still recommend the i7 overall, especially if you are planning on doing video editing with the new computer.

Maybe crowd-discussed (and crowd-sourced) during the TEST monthly meeting tomorrow?

Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Also I'm currently running the following, I specifically built this to run inside an NES for an old school looking rig. It runs Borderlands pre sequal and heroes of the storm on max settings with no lag but it lags bad on Star Citizen PTU so I'm going to upgrade the video card and keep it in my big case for now. I'll finish my NES later.

CPU-AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) 3.7GHz Socket FM2+
BOARD-MSI A88XI AC V2 FM2+
STORAGE-EVO 850 500gb SSD
MEMORY-16GB G-Skill Sniper 2400mhz ram (2x8 gb)
PSU-Ultra X4 850watt <---EDIT that's what I put in my mid tower lol obviously wont fit in an NES for the NES I was using a Pico PSU 250 watt, google that if you need to but definitely not for your build!
all tucked inside an NES :)

This rig is running directly from the onboard due to the super awesome A10 CPU having the new 8 core gpu 4 core cpu APU combo, had to see it working in person and it's very freaking impressive for a no video card system. Amazing in fact!

Reactions: UbEcLoWn

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Also I'm currently running the following, I specifically built this to run inside an NES for an old school looking rig. It runs Borderlands pre sequal and heroes of the storm on max settings with no lag but it lags bad on Star Citizen PTU so I'm going to upgrade the video card and keep it in my big case for now. I'll finish my NES later.

CPU-AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) 3.7GHz Socket FM2+
BOARD-MSI A88XI AC V2 FM2+
STORAGE-EVO 850 500gb SSD
MEMORY-16GB G-Skill Sniper 2400mhz ram (2x8 gb)
PSU-Ultra X4 850watt
all tucked inside an NES :)

This rig is running directly from the onboard due to the super awesome A10 CPU having the new 8 core gpu 4 core cpu APU combo, had to see it working in person and it's very freaking impressive for a no video card system. Amazing in fact!
That sounds awesome! Where are the pics?

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
That sounds awesome! Where are the pics?
At work right now but the NES was never fully finished, I'll get some pics of my tore apart NES and my wiring if you want lol but once I get it up and going I'll give some more details :) I also gutted an old Time Lord cart and am using that for the SSD housing, here's a video of the guy who inspired me to build mine. It will look very much like this.

My parts are way better than his though.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
A i7 is worth it. Period. Even if you dual box. Do it. Just do it. (Insert Shia here)

As for a 980Ti.... That or my 4x 290x setup.... Hm.

For the case I have been a big fan of the Phanteks cases of late. Unique design, great cooling and modularity. Plus if you go water anywhere in the future it is one of the best mainline products for it.

As for over clocking I doubt you will need to in the near future. I over clock everything (including PCI-e bus) because I can and know how to. Most users will have no need to do what I do. I even doubt anyone here pushed their rig as far.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Pfft... what ever... next you will tell us that you have some stupid permit for handling liquid nitrogen. ;)
As a heads up, you can buy a LN dewar for a few hundred bucks and buy that stuff at a machine shop or something. It's not very expensive and you don't need a license to handle it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Is this what I need?

Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Overclocked To 5.2 GHz With Air Cooling at 1.35V

Intel’s Skylake processors are going to hit the market in a couple of weeks and we have seen several samples already rolling out in the wild which have been tested by a few Chinese sites. The Core i7-6700K is going to be the flagship processor of the lineup and we have seen some preliminary performance numbers in benchmarks obtained from a test rig that use premature drivers and an early BIOS version that wasn’t fully configured to drive Skylake processors. The latest report on the Core i7-6700K shows that overclocking on the unlocked chips will be impressive than ever.

Image Credits: HKEPC

Read more: http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-6700k-skylake-overclocked-52-ghz-air-cooling-135v/#ixzz3gptuucCP

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Pfft... what ever... next you will tell us that you have some stupid permit for handling liquid nitrogen. ;)
I do. I have a cryogenic license for MI and for Ontario. You don't need a permit for home benching. I did because I use it in high traffic areas (LAN events and such) and had to get it for liability insurance.

If you watch me assembling the stream rig tomorrow you can see my dewar that sits behind me when streaming.

Reactions: CaptainRichard

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Definitely! I've got 970's in SLI and nothing can touch my rig. Everything maxed out in every game. No Problem. It'll be like that for some time.
The funny part is i have evga's 960 ssc and it runs everything max at 1080p, are you playing 4k? 4k is where mine craps itself lol its like 30 fps hahaha

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
No. I'm a dummy. Still playing at 1080p. But found out I had a second kid on the way and decided I better buy a second card before it was too late. haha.

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
No. I'm a dummy. Still playing at 1080p. But found out I had a second kid on the way and decided I better buy a second card before it was too late. haha.
oh hahaha I think you made the right choice! you wont be buying new parts for awhile XD

Forgot your password?