Best personal shuttle?

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I think I like the idea of recouping the cost of traveling from port to port with a bit of cargo and if I'm spread out across systems maybe having a shuttle in multiple systems might not be a bad idea. I don't know how up to date this info is but according to the ship matrix the 85x has no cargo capacity, neither does the mustang beta although it's description talks about its range. The Aurora MR doesn't seem to say one way or another what its cargo capacity is but it does come as part of a game package so I think that means an extra character slot right? The Mustang alpha comes in a package as well and it does have cargo capacity. I already have a 315p, I had been planning to actually explore with it but I do already have a bunch of exploration ships so it could be repurposed. The Cutlass Black seems to jump up to medium fuel tanks and drives, comes with cargo room and in a package, but its a little more expensive.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You really cant go wrong with the Aurora ES. For me my shuttle of choice is the 100 series.

Also don't forget that players will have ships like Constellation Phoenix, 890jump and Genesis Starliner to haul players and NPC's around with. The other thing is a lot of the truck stops and stations have design elements that make it look like a working bus station which leaves me to believe there will be a transportation system with in the verse that you can utilize to get around with out using one of your ships.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I think it depends on how unobtrusive you want to be. Personally I like the cutty as an all around, however everyone sees "Drake Pirate". If you want to travel discreetly, I think the Avenger Titan is the ticket, common enough sight in the 'verse. Jump drive, bed, plenty of weapons as a deterrent and a bit of cargo. Go from point A-B with the ability to cut through small jump points.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I predict having an alt character at or near your destination will be a better alternative than a fast shuttle

travel is low-reward gameplay

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
my 890.. but for those times when parking is an issue.. probably my herald or 315p.
I hadn't really thought of the Herald for this but it's not a bad choice. It's fast, and can get around without the need for much in the way of support. Also picking up some caches of data on the way would help pay for gas. I might have to get mine out of buybacks for this.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
I hadn't really thought of the Herald for this but it's not a bad choice. It's fast, and can get around without the need for much in the way of support. Also picking up some caches of data on the way would help pay for gas. I might have to get mine out of buybacks for this.
Precisely! and room for 2 if needed

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
when 2 cap ships are close we can just use the MPUV lol I believe it has no quantum drive even.
When it's two cap ships sure but I think this was more of the hypothetical of I have my main combat ship sitting in Sol and I'm in Stanton with an exploration ship. That's 5 jumps away and instead of taking my primary exploration ship that many jumps which will cause wear and tear as well as cost a ton on fuel, instead I take a 315 since it's running costs are so much lower. As I said in another post, take some cargo along and recoup your costs of jumping by selling something you know that station wants. You might not make a ton of cash but you'll pay for part of the trip.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So it turns out I have a Digital Bounty Hunter package sitting in my buybacks. That is a 300i with lti and a game package that I wasn't taking into consideration and it's not a lot of money. Only 1 seat and 2 SCUs, don't recall if it has a bed. Might get that again. So I'd have the 300i and the 315p. So maybe depending on how spread out I'm gonna be I might need one more shuttle, maybe a herald or a cutlass black.
Then again:
I predict having an alt character at or near your destination will be a better alternative than a fast shuttle
If I buy back that Digital Bounty Hunter package that would leave me with 7 game packages or 7 character slots right? So I could leave alts in different systems for different things I want to focus on

Forgot your password?