Best strategy yet! Zerg Fromation

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I'm in for the fun! Zerg has always been a great battle plan since the early strategy days of Red Alert all the way through to Planetside; I don't see why we won't have enough auroras to look like a massively angry swarm of bees.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
I love the visual of a thousand Auroras against a capital ship, but being realistic, the game is going to be instanced. There's no way we all end up in the same instance, their servers can't seem to handle more than 20 ships in an instance right now.

Not that it's comparable, but in Elite Dangerous a group of 100 players managed to get into the same instance and FDev told them not to do that again because it put a crazy load on the server.

KimochiiDesu

Lieutenant
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
NGIS
I love the visual of a thousand Auroras against a capital ship, but being realistic, the game is going to be instanced. There's no way we all end up in the same instance, their servers can't seem to handle more than 20 ships in an instance right now.

Not that it's comparable, but in Elite Dangerous a group of 100 players managed to get into the same instance and FDev told them not to do that again because it put a crazy load on the server.
yea i forgot our technology still sucks on this stupid planet.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I don't see why we won't have enough auroras to look like a massively angry swarm of bees.
A swarm is usually coordinated. We'll fly like a group of headless chicken, bumping into each other and spontaneously combusting.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Lets start practicing formation flight then ;)
You mean rabble flying? Smash to pass? Hundred of ships heading in the same general direction, all smashing into one another over and over, like a herd of stampeding cattle. Or a ravenous pack of hyenas charging to a carcass. The imagery.

So many analogies.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Has anyone ever proposed we just throw insane numbers of our Aurora LN's at them i mean come on it really does not matter what type of ships they have if we have 1k plus to there 500 plus on the battle field that's at least 2 to 1 so i think we know who's gonna win. i propose zerg swarm!
Oh, so you mean the very first piece of propaganda we actually made?

Forgot your password?