Best way to increase your UEC by game release

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I agree with you 100%, I can't see someone paying $20 for a small 20k UEC. The way I see it, either they offer 200k UEC for $20 which people would purchase and therefore they could have some $$ flowing in. Or else they convert 1 UEC = 10 aUEC, basically making earning UEC 10 times harder to obtain (than Alpha) at release.

Edit: 7 bounty hunter missions will give you 20k and that takes literally 20 mins to do. Why would you pay $20 for something you can make in the game in 20 mins?
well i'm pretty sure they will adjust the prices later

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
They will absolutely change how much stuff costs and how much you can earn throughout alpha and even beta.

That is certain.

The end result may look nothing at all like the current numbers.

Don't be surprised when this turns out to be true.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I agree with you 100%, I can't see someone paying $20 for a small 20k UEC. The way I see it, either they offer 200k UEC for $20 which people would purchase and therefore they could have some $$ flowing in. Or else they convert 1 UEC = 10 aUEC, basically making earning UEC 10 times harder to obtain (than Alpha) at release.

Edit: 7 bounty hunter missions will give you 20k and that takes literally 20 mins to do. Why would you pay $20 for something you can make in the game in 20 mins?
Alpha aUEC is just something we have for loan as we're testing nothing you earn or have done with aUEC is for keeps
and have nothing to do with the UEC real cash you'll be using in game when it goes live and they stop using aUEC.

The amount of aUEC you get after each wipe might vary dependent on what they need to have tested.
Most common is that you get about the amount of aUEC to use for testing, that is equal to what you have UEC in your account.

Then aUCE is just Alpha test money and have no value toward real money or UEC what so ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
You guys need to stop making ups shit and theory crafting up stuff that is not correct as it was based on facts.

It just confuse the correct information for those who do not know anything or very little and that is very rude thing to do.

If you don't know and think you do then make that clear in your comment that what you are saying is just guessing and not based on fact.

(Don't be a dick!)

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth and Michael

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
buy IDRIS or Jav or Polaris or Hull-E or Endeavor to make big $$$ selling it ingame. Those ships will be worth magnitudes more per RL $ UEC wise compared to the low end ship like an Aurora

Chris has said the higher end ships, and we presume Jav, will be worth upwards Billions of UEC

Reactions: Bambooza and Shiwaz

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
buy IDRIS or Jav or Polaris or Hull-E or Endeavor to make big $$$ selling it ingame. Those ships will be worth magnitudes more per RL $ UEC wise compared to the low end ship like an Aurora

Chris has said the higher end ships, and we presume Jav, will be worth upwards Billions of UEC
Problem with that theory is, there need to be a demand for it or you're stuck with with the big ship until a demand is there. ;)

But in theory yes a large ship if sold would most likely profit you a lot a UEC
But how that will work is not yet decided so as such it still is just a theory and that is a lot a cash to put on a theory.
; -D

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
And for that matter how much UEC can you buy for the Value of a Javelin 1000+ $ etc.. etc.... etc...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=41

^^ This is guaranteed to give you UEC in game ^^

Then something to think of a ship sold in game is always sold as used ship no matter if you never used it your self.
And who's gonna buy your large ship another player.. any player that have that cash in game most likely already have the ship.

Selling to ai ship shop that'll not pay well no matter the demand dealers never pay good for used anything but sell it with profit.
And as player you will not be able to set your prices your self, that will be handled by market demand and supply.
Just saying !

Last edited:

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
And for that matter how much UEC can you buy for the Value of a Javelin 1000+ $ etc.. etc.... etc...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=41

^^ This is guaranteed to give you UEC in game ^^

Then something to think of a ship sold in game is always sold as used ship no matter if you never used it your self.
And who's gonna buy your large ship another player.. any player that have that cash in game most likely already have the ship.
Selling to ai ship shop that'll not pay well no matter the demand dealers never pay good for used anything but sell it with profit.
And as player you will not be able to set your prices your self, that will be handled by market demand and supply.
Just saying !
I'm starting to like this idea. I assume there will be a cash crunch in the early game and anyone who can outfit their ships with better components will have an advantage. Those early advantages can snowball if you can keep up with it.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
There is a spreadsheet circulating around somewhere (from a TEST member) that gives an estimate for each ship's UEC price. The sheet is based on a 3:33 to 1 in rec vs released ship prices plus the size of the ship which was mentioned by CIG as playing a role in cost.
The top of the list (if I remember correctly) is a 1:31 for the titan which prices about 1.5M. Other ships that are high on the list is hammerhead, 300, 315, 325 and freelancer.

What you could do is buy upgrades for all your small ships to these ships listed above. The upgrades are cheap and in some cases cost zero dollars. If Ships can be sold ingame (without supply/demand factor) then you are covered. If not then you didn't spend that much on upgrades and so you could just melt it.

Edit: Here is an example.
You have a Cyclone which costs like 30k UEC. Buy the upgrade for it to a Titan which costs you nothing or maybe $5. If the release game lets you sell ships freely then you can upgrade the Cyclone to a Titan. Sell the Titan and use that UEC to buy the Cyclone back ingame. If the game doesn't let you sell ships then you have $5 credit.
I would love to see that spreadsheet if anyone has the link!

Forgot your password?