Black Desert Online, Huge PVP game for elitist

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I have never heard of the game until now and it looks like another game I recently learned of, very similar in their styles but I cant remember the name right now. If you get in I'd be willing to give the 7 day trial a chance but I'm hesitant to spend $30 (on the low end) for a game that I have no clue about.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
interested but still have a sour taste in my mouth from archeage. a cash shop is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. waiting with interest without high hopes....

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
December 2016?
Yeah I have plenty of time to decide.

That being said, the CBT for "Blade and Soul" is out.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
December 2016?
Yeah I have plenty of time to decide.

That being said, the CBT for "Blade and Soul" is out.
I stay the hell far away from Korean games. They always use rootkit-level anti-hack software like HackShield. It's really annoying - and they're amazingly ineffectual.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I stay the hell far away from Korean games. They always use rootkit-level anti-hack software like HackShield. It's really annoying - and they're amazingly ineffectual.
If ya dont like it please leave instead of bashing. Just looking for those interested. If we could get around 30 people that want to hardcore pvp i would switch from the guild i joined.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I
interested but still have a sour taste in my mouth from archeage. a cash shop is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. waiting with interest without high hopes....
Believe the cash shop isnt like the korean version. I.e we dont have to buy hairstyles etc. I think we still do for costumes but some of the cash shop comes free because of the buy 2 play model

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Dec 16th not 2016. Also im getting the 100$ founders. It will come with 3 7 day passes. The game plays nothing lile archeage either.
Shame, I will be busy during December.
Yeah, Black Desert looks amazing.
I was waiting for eng version since I first played it in Korea.
And I should really quit AA soon, I just have so much land and proficiency up.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Shame, I will be busy during December.
Yeah, Black Desert looks amazing.
I was waiting for eng version since I first played it in Korea.
And I should really quit AA soon, I just have so much land and proficiency up.
i quit that game a looong time ago cause trion are greedy fucks. i think i got like 7 or 9 Apex sitting in my bank account. do people still buy apex?

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
Black Desert looks pretty cool. Been looking for an MMO to get interested in. Albion Online has been cool so far in the Beta, but not sure if it will hold my attention. Watched some early Black Desert play and if it stays stable and populated in the west, might be the ticket. I'll look at packages

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
i quit that game a looong time ago cause trion are greedy fucks. i think i got like 7 or 9 Apex sitting in my bank account. do people still buy apex?
Yeah Trion is the worst company I have ever seen.
And yeah, the Apex prices are 530g+ on Kyrios server at the moment.
Goes up due to player attrition, but lowers during events when people come back.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Goes up due to player attrition, but lowers during events when people come back.
They are having cosmetics be in shop only. No p2w gear. So far it isnt bad and the costumes are awesome. The whole game is pushing everything non instances say for houses and daily bosses. Open world pvp with a karma system similar to L2 flagging etc. Absurd level of character creation and probably top 3 gorgeous looking mmos.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
i was kyrios west x.O i was thinking more the paypal route :D

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
i was kyrios west x.O i was thinking more the paypal route :D
Hahaha, yes there are certainly paypal cash traders if you ask the right people.
I personally find this kind of trade risky though, and I'm sure to quit soon as SC launches, so I would never invest anymore into the game.
Such a heavy p2w game, people just buy apex, upgrade gear and are gods no one can touch.
However, I just enjoy pve these days, since my Aus ping is high and I don't have much gaming time.

Forgot your password?