Blind Owl's Emporium of Things and Such

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Reminds me; I've been running helter skelter for the past month+, so I haven't updated the OP (I think). Just giving fair warning to anyone looking, haha.

Cheers,

Owl

• o7
Reactions: Vavrik and Deroth

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Howdy, Owl! Any chance you have a caterpillar pirate edition CCU?
Unless CIG has changed their mind.. the Pirate skin Cat is non-giftable (as @marcsand2 ) shows, and while I am often wrong don't think there has ever been a CCU.. you gotz to EARN the right to spend your money on this one.

Having said that, Pirate Swarm in a reasonably co-operative group is not difficult; it is likely to be harder when the new Master Modes come into the game as the Hammerhead should be harder to survive.

Edit: No way I can think of to get LTI on it, so I've not 'collected' one.

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Unless CIG has changed their mind.. the Pirate skin Cat is non-giftable (as @marcsand2 ) shows, and while I am often wrong don't think there has ever been a CCU.. you gotz to EARN the right to spend your money on this one.

Having said that, Pirate Swarm in a reasonably co-operative group is not difficult; it is likely to be harder when the new Master Modes come into the game as the Hammerhead should be harder to survive.

I thought so too, but as I was researching this topic in order to respond, I came across this...

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
WOW!
I will happily sit corrected, even if it is a rare and silly expensive CCU.

Yes, sir. I used to have one with LTI, but I melted it like an idiot. Regardless, they used to let you CCU to the CPE back in the day. When they released the updated pirate swarm (and the pirate gladius) they did away with the CCU for the CPE. Now they are much more difficult to get. Was hoping a testie had one and I wouldn't have to go to the dark grey market as that will be a total PITA without PayPal (I got chargeback scammed on my PayPal, so I can no longer use it...sigh).

That said, I'm thinking about going with a C2 or M2 instead of the cat anyway.

Last edited:

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e

Correct, the pirate skin is non-giftable. However, years back you could purchase CCUs for it that would only work if you unlocked it. Was rather convoluted and I suspect that is why CIG did away with the cat CCUs when they updated pirate swarm and released the gladius PE.

Forgot your password?