BMM Price increase?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Oh deer.

I wonder if we'll be getting any cool new deets about it, there's been some concept artist assigned to it for a while now, could get a new jpeg.

VicariouslyI

Commander
Jun 5, 2021
RSI Handle
VicariouslyI
seriously considering upgrading it to another orion... I cant see it out performing it in terms of profit...
Especially if we can rent out ships to others in the pu eventually.
I did the same thing. BMM is a beautiful ship and functionally great, but I feel like the Orion is going to outclass it in raw profit production.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Y'know, this got me thinking about how we're not entirely sure about the cargo capacity, though there was that one thread where we took a look at the measurements, looked at the supposed cargo area and figured that yes, theoretically it'd be possible that it has the amount of SCU currently listed. Quite easily, in fact. But that was just speculation.
That was also way back when it 'only' cost $350.

I'm starting to be more and more convinced that the cargo capacity is going to be at least close to the 3584 SCU currently listed. I mean like, imagine them jacking up the price 2-3 times, then going "Oh and we halved the capabilities of it's primary role." Sure, there have been shitstorms before, but... that might be a real big one.

I also feel like having some sort of landing capability for banu defender on the BMM is more likely now, what with so many price increases before it's even close to being flyable. And by 'more likely' I mean like, 60% odds instead of 35% odds, not "I'm certain this will happen and I will fight anyone who says otherwise."
Though I will fight anyone who says otherwise. Because it's fun. And I want to dream.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The longer it takes CIG to produce the BMM, the higher its price grows. The higher its price becomes, the larger & better it should become. Thus I'm hoping that at release the BMM will skyrocket to approx $1500 & be able to out compete with the Privateer in performance options in its features to offset that the Privateer has those landing pads as well as the shops.

Forgot your password?