BMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Seriously, no BMM thread yet? Okey, well, I guess I'll start one.

So, short of it:
2800 internal cargo,
Markets
Hangar
Bunch of weapons
Point defense
More weapons
Did I mention weapons?

mhp8MTW.jpeg

EBsIKRV.png

AGjm6TZ.jpeg

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Let's focus on that Hangar for a bit there, it can fit a BANU DEFENDER inside of it. Which, I mean, of course because it's a Banu Merchantman, but the thing about Banu Defender is, it's freaking huge as far as small ships go. 33.5x13.2x4, though it folds a bit when landed. However, if the hangar is specifically designed for it, it's not like it'd be scraping the sides of the hangar while landing.
So...
You can probably land like at least 3 Pisces (13x10.3x3.35m) inside the hangar, or maybe like Hull A 22x8x4, when it's empty but still, you'd have a good bit of flexibility there. And a smaller hauler inside of a trading vessel would provide different kind of flexibility as well. Like imagine landing on the sort of capital area of the planet where you got a good amount of population to show your bazaar to, but you kind of also want to visit bunch of these mining sites or factory areas around the planet to buy and sell some cargo. So you unpack the Hull A from the hangar and while the BMM is hosting the bazaar, the Hull A takes on a separate mission to do some smaller scale high-value trading around the planet. Then comes back with all these shiny new objects to add to the bazaar when you land at the next planet.

And that 2800 SCU cargo with the capability to land on planets (and still fits on large pads) ain't too shabby either.

This ship can Trade with a capital T.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
MEDICAL BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ^^

As seen on one of the screenshot during the CitCon interview

Actually you see it on that same screen here (your 2nd screen with MESS/HAB/MED) right under the bridge.

Also the public space is separated from the crew/private access. In blue the public space inside the ship. They mention the crew can access the ship from a private access (rear of the ship as seen on 2nd screenshot above). So it is unlike the Privateer so far, where public can go everywhere inside the Kraken Privateer to our knowledge this day.

1633887551572.png

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm not convinced that a Cutty will fit.....but that won't do a damn thing to stop me from trying....
I was rather curious about the hangar, and well, I was crunching some numbers. So I couldn't find the size of a landed Banu Defender, but from a few landing-gear-animation videos I think I got a pretty good estimate, it goes from 33.5x13.2 to 22m x 22m.
Then there is this picture
CnZ19vO.png

Which I used to questimate that the size of the hangar is something like 26.2m x 25.8m (though the width kinda narrows down to 22m-ish at the front)

Anyhow, that's still pretty decent sized hangar, and if you don't care about things like, wings or engines, you can certainly fit a Cutty inside of it.

Well, it's still pretty good, it'll fit nearly all of the small-sized ships. Even two of some of the smaller small-ships. Or like 3-4 snubs. It's pretty nifty, and seen how it has that small storage area as well, you could use it like bit of a home-hangar.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Seriously, no BMM thread yet? Okey, well, I guess I'll start one.

So, short of it:
2800 internal cargo,
Markets
Hangar
Bunch of weapons
Point defense
More weapons
Did I mention weapons?

View attachment 21464
View attachment 21463
View attachment 21462
There's at least a couple threads already talking about the BMM, but can there every RRREEEAAALLLLLY~ be enough? I mean, we haven't even seen a video from Glorious Leader specific to the ship updates!

Let's focus on that Hangar for a bit there, it can fit a BANU DEFENDER inside of it. Which, I mean, of course because it's a Banu Merchantman, but the thing about Banu Defender is, it's freaking huge as far as small ships go. 33.5x13.2x4, though it folds a bit when landed. However, if the hangar is specifically designed for it, it's not like it'd be scraping the sides of the hangar while landing.
So...
You can probably land like at least 3 Pisces (13x10.3x3.35m) inside the hangar, or maybe like Hull A 22x8x4, when it's empty but still, you'd have a good bit of flexibility there. And a smaller hauler inside of a trading vessel would provide different kind of flexibility as well. Like imagine landing on the sort of capital area of the planet where you got a good amount of population to show your bazaar to, but you kind of also want to visit bunch of these mining sites or factory areas around the planet to buy and sell some cargo. So you unpack the Hull A from the hangar and while the BMM is hosting the bazaar, the Hull A takes on a separate mission to do some smaller scale high-value trading around the planet. Then comes back with all these shiny new objects to add to the bazaar when you land at the next planet.

And that 2800 SCU cargo with the capability to land on planets (and still fits on large pads) ain't too shabby either.

This ship can Trade with a capital T.
I'm pretty sure the Defender is 24.5x24.5x5m in landing configuration.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?