[Brainstorm] TEST Public Outreach Programs

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So, we're pretty big. We'll get called "Big Bad" from time to time. So like any decent megacorporation, we've gotta have a public outreach program! This thread will be for brainstorming a variety of outreach programs that we can use to connect with the community at large within the game's context.

Here's my idea: The TEST Mercy Medical Program. Essentially free trauma care for the public if they need it. The program will support one Endeavor Hospital Ship, and will probably have funding for supplies, personnel, and security. There would be procedures in place to keep the ship operational (and safe). The single overriding priority of this program would be to provide medical care in fringe sectors of the UEE, as well as uninhabited/unestablished systems where there are no permanent medical services.

Things that we could do for the people that are admitted to the Mercy Medical Program: Treat critical injuries, fit them with basic prosthetics (they'd have to upgrade with their own money if they want a better prosthetic), and save lives.

Think of it like the DayZ Rescue Squad on Reddit, except with better procedures. What do you think? I want your feedback, thoughts, and suggestions for other Public Outreach programs. :)

P.S. True to form, I have already thought about security procedures, and how to maintain transparency of the Medical Program. I will divulge those in a later post after this thread has gotten enough feedback. :)

P.P.S. Anti was the guy who came up with the suggestion for a medical program. :V

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Maybe as a tag-on program, a free basic ship repair facility? We'll patch up your ship enough to get to a real workshop, no charge. Useful if someone comes in with their jump drive shot, or half their thrusters blown off.

Reactions: DimwitTheWise

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Maybe as a tag-on program, a free basic ship repair facility? We'll patch up your ship enough to get to a real workshop, no charge. Useful if someone comes in with their jump drive shot, or half their thrusters blown off.
Could work.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
My Cutlass Red is in for this, I will be getting multiple Cutlass's in the PU, so to keep hem straight, the Red will be the stock Red, the Yellow will be a Red that is re-fit for exploring, and the Black will be in for the TEST Laser Raptors(YAR!) probably a re-fit Blue.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
We could offer public education seminars? Basics of cargo management, basics of ship repair, basics of comms, etc.

Or we could produce funny videos for the public

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
We could offer public education seminars? Basics of cargo management, basics of ship repair, basics of comms, etc.

Or we could produce funny videos for the public
Why not both? Basic learning videos on a variety of topics with TEST-style humor thrown in?

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
In all honesty (and srs-nss), in high school, my robotics team ran a "Robot first aid" station at each of the events we went to. I'm totally on board with this, and pledge the use of all resources allocated to the TEST Engineering Division.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
So this is like Seaworld saving the seals to hide their bad pr for killer whales....
Works for me!
Not sure if it will really make any haters unhate us, but it could well make the undecided see we are not totally ne'r-do-well jerk bots.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I think this is an awesome idea! Depending on how the game ends up working, this is the type of thing I would be interested in participating in.

NudieBird

Space Marshal
Apr 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NudieBird
Nkato Great idea, I will participate for sure. I have Cutlass upgrade to Red voucher to use once the PU get's close. I'm sure we will need a squad of trauma ships!

BulletMagnet

Vice Admiral
May 23, 2015
RSI Handle
BullMag
We could also do free flights using the genesis class ship between key planets and corner the market on travel, hehehe.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
One of the best things about EVE was the EVE University. They provided free training, skill books, and ships to new players, regardless of background. Widely considered to be one of the most stand up orgs, and I personally can attest to the fact that they have produced some fantastic pilots and FC's.

I don't know how feasible it would be, but I would love to have a "Rookie Squadron" where we could train up new people, offer them free ships and weapons (reasonable ones, no Retaliators or Vanguards) for FPS or flight combat, and then either let them join TEST, or go off on their own to another org.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Awesome idea Nkato. The U.S. Navy operates two mercy class hospital ships for this reason too. Great PR tool

Reactions: TheZekk
Forgot your password?