breadbin has entered the chat

breadbin

Commander
Sep 28, 2022
RSI Handle
breadbin
Where you from stranger? England

What drew you to Star Citizen? Spaess. I've been following this since the kickstarter, finally opted-in around 2016, but playing regularly since 2020. Sure there might not be much to show just yet, but when it works I love oh so much of what's on offer with Star Citizen. The expansive open world, the emergent opportunities, and the laid-back kickback style of semi-sim gameplay that can kick into action at any moment if that's what you're after.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? Largely a non-combat focus, but usually carrying just enough guns that I'm not averse to it, I like the potential to explore, to find cool stuff happening wherever I go. Not necessarily new frontiers never before seen, but to find people up to cool stuff and to jump on in to lend a hand, to really dive into all manners of emergency gameplay opportunities, and usually with a focus on some sort of supporting role while being largely self-sufficient, whatever it may be! I wanna always be on the move, doing whatever feels fun as a nomadic do-all, and to build my available fleet and opportunities to support that.

What was the first game you remember playing? For some reason, Dead or Alive. All I did was play as Bass and spam his big kick because it was basically uncounterable once you got stun-locked. No, it was not fun for the people I played against.

What other games do you play? I've found my niche of fave games are soft-simulators. Full-on sims are pretty dull, but nice and slow games with a little simulation are great. Kenshi, Snowrunners, Sailwind. Half of these games end up involving me manually loading cargo and tediously transporting it somewhere so tell me if you know more niche games like this to feed my need for more!

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
Came up in a search result when I was looking up info for some cool ships, looked like a nice active place with a variety of discussion that doesn't quite get as out of hand as the main CIG forums often do

Picard or Kirk? Sisko, obviously

Bonus Bit Brainteaser: I have about $500 in credit after melting a BMM I didn't want and don't know what to do with it! The goal is to keep a small and focused fleet to let me be a Jack-of-All-Trades out in the 'verse and really feel at home in the few ships I command. I have an Odyssey because MISC is my fave manufacturer and I actually LIKE the mailslot, nothing else. What would be your choices to pad out the lineup, be supporting craft, or to just be a fun alternative, and why is that? It's always super interesting to see what people's choices are and the reasons for them!

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Welcome to Test Squadron, from a fellow Brit. 🇬🇧 🍻 Some impressively odd choices there - I respect can that! Looking forward to the Odyssey a lot, but also the BMM. Quite a few of us here have a slightly embarrassingly large collection of ships, but given that you can only really use one (occasionally two) at a time yourself, I can't really justify getting more than one for each profession that you absolutely positively want to be able to be able to do on day one. So maybe a fighter you really love and don't want to grind for (even though that probably won't take long), maybe a mining ship (kind of fun, good for making money), maybe a cargo ship if trading floats your boat, and maybe a shuttle or runabout for doing bunker missions. Much more than that is just extravagance, and evidence of a spending problem... of which I'm as guilty as anyone else! (It isn't a fleet, since you can't realistically ever expect to have them all in use together.)

Most of my ships are in my hangar because I just really, really like them and want one. No better reason, but for fun.

Glad to have you here!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Welcome to TEST!
Bonus Bit Brainteaser: I have about $500 in credit after melting a BMM I didn't want and don't know what to do with it! The goal is to keep a small and focused fleet to let me be a Jack-of-All-Trades out in the 'verse and really feel at home in the few ships I command. I have an Odyssey because MISC is my fave manufacturer and I actually LIKE the mailslot, nothing else. What would be your choices to pad out the lineup, be supporting craft, or to just be a fun alternative, and why is that? It's always super interesting to see what people's choices are and the reasons for them!
My advice right now, would be to wait until IAE. You'll be able to buy some ships that aren't currently available to buy - and save a bit of money sometimes too.
What ships you buy are honestly your personal choices... so, like @Raven_King says, figure out what floats your boat first.

Also, my passport says CANADA on it, but I live in the southern US cuz my (Texan) wife is scared of doesn't like snow.

breadbin

Commander
Sep 28, 2022
RSI Handle
breadbin
Welcome to Test Squadron, from a fellow Brit. 🇬🇧 🍻 Some impressively odd choices there - I respect can that! Looking forward to the Odyssey a lot, but also the BMM. Quite a few of us here have a slightly embarrassingly large collection of ships, but given that you can only really use one (occasionally two) at a time yourself, I can't really justify getting more than one for each profession that you absolutely positively want to be able to be able to do on day one. So maybe a fighter you really love and don't want to grind for (even though that probably won't take long), maybe a mining ship (kind of fun, good for making money), maybe a cargo ship if trading floats your boat, and maybe a shuttle or runabout for doing bunker missions. Much more than that is just extravagance, and evidence of a spending problem... of which I'm as guilty as anyone else! (It isn't a fleet, since you can't realistically ever expect to have them all in use together.)

Most of my ships are in my hangar because I just really, really like them and want one. No better reason, but for fun.

Glad to have you here!
Good things to think about, and I think it's gotta be a nice medium runabout and something smaller to jam into that little hangar of the Odyssey for some nice support roles.

Welcome to TEST!

My advice right now, would be to wait until IAE. You'll be able to buy some ships that aren't currently available to buy - and save a bit of money sometimes too.
What ships you buy are honestly your personal choices... so, like @Raven_King says, figure out what floats your boat first.

Also, my passport says CANADA on it, but I live in the southern US cuz my (Texan) wife is scared of doesn't like snow.
Oh absolutely, always gotta go for IAE to get the real fun stuff, not long now!

Forgot your password?