Breaking news: The Banu Merchantman is not being worked on. Shock, horror!

Dibs

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2020
RSI Handle
Dibrusko
As expected, more disappointment for BMM owners. Not being worked on, and they are not working on it until they re-concept it, and by the sounds of it they are not currently working on the re-concept. I'm sure everyone is shocked.
coxKappa
The question about it is at 7:20 for those that are interested in the details.
View: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/628660298?t=00h07m20s

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I made the mistake of making my capital ship the Endeavor, I walked in to it knowing they said on concept day that it'll likely be after the game is finished before the ship shows up as it's going to need all of the mechanics in place before they can release it, and science 'aint on the horizon.

Scrap has had a ship in the game already in the shape of the Reclaimer without the mechanics being in, so I can only cross my fingergs and hope perhaps it'll be a handy portable respawn point in S42 and the asset can be bought over to the PU... well, a guy can dream can't he? 🙂

Don't give up on that dream dudes, disappointments come and go but they'll see you right, in the end.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm not all that surprised nor disappointed that they are backing off to make sure that ALL of the concept of the BMM is perfected on paper before they start working on it in the system so that it can come out as wonderful as possible. They ran into all sorts of issues with the 890J & Carrack it seems. I'm fine waiting because I know that the longer they take, the better it should turn out. Especially if they'll launch it with it's bazaar functionality in place & working as that will also require having NPC's in the ships. Based on it's concept, I'll be happy as long as it looks roughly similar outside, has the functioning bazaar, has a lavish / luxury-ish aesthetic in an alien manner & is still around the sub-capital size.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm honestly surprised we saw more of the Redeemer before the BMM.

I'm sure by the time the BMM is done it will be a cruiser or something.
I like the idea of the BMM becoming truly supersized. Personally, I'd be happy with it becoming at least the same length as the 890J, but if they want to expand it further I wouldn't object. From my perspective, it should have more retail capabilities than the Privateer as that's just a modified Kraken where as the BMM was concepted as a traveling bazaar & blockade runner all along.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Just makes you wonder how much further out this game really is, some large ships have not even been touched yet...

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Do u BanU?

I dU.

Well. If I cant touch my BanU.

I'll have to just touch myself whilst we wait.

Forgot your password?