Burndown 50 fixed 26 to go.

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
I'll have to watch that again, my take on this was that Erin was summarizing some agreed upon points...

I was very happy to hear Erin taking a lead, I remember a video from last year, when they were showing the behind the scenes look at decisions about what to present at (I think) CitizenCon, they were behind schedule, and Erin was the only person in the room able to say "No" to CR and bring forward more reasonable expectations about what could be accomplished in a (very) limited timeframe.
Normally when someone is going through agreed points everyone tends to nod acceptance, but in this case it seems Erins laying out a specific agenda they need to start to execute against; which could be very good as well.

Reactions: Ezz and Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Normally when someone is going through agreed points everyone tends to nod acceptance, but in this case it seems Erins laying out a specific agenda they need to start to execute against; which could be very good as well.
Ok, the video I was thinking about was this from last year...check out the bit starting at 9:13
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsF6_lwLas

Reactions: Ezz and cerated

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
You are absolutely CORRECT.....
Some bugs have been set aside so they can get it to Evocati for 'Universe Tranversal' testing.
Then CIG will select another set of bugs for us to help them with.
This is the stage they are at.
So using Evocati to get then remaining bugs fixed - in groups - for release to the PTU.

This sounds like a good way to find/fix the remaining Bugs.
I watched ATV and commented her over breakfast. On reflection, This is what I have wanted them to do - as have others here, IE
Stop the polish, deal with flickering lights and helmet lights later. Get rid if the HUGE bugs and show us what you have,
IMHO Erin is doing the right thing.
Did you notice the fit bit thing on his wrist, same as Sandi. They look like mobi glass bands, I'm calling it as product placement

Reactions: Ezz

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Watching this I definitely of the opinion Erin has laid out an expectation for them to execute against and it explains the body language in the room.

Reactions: Ezz

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
I watched ATV and commented her over breakfast. On reflection, This is what I have wanted them to do - as have others here, IE
Stop the polish, deal with flickering lights and helmet lights later. Get rid if the HUGE bugs and show us what you have,
IMHO Erin is doing the right thing.
Did you notice the fit bit thing on his wrist, same as Sandi. They look like mobi glass bands, I'm calling it as product placement
Sandi wears a charge hr2. Erin's is interesting though as it doesn't have the silver sides of the charge or alta line. It could be a surge but the face doesn't look right. It's possible it's not a fitbit. It's definitely not the new Iconic either unless he's got some super secret new fitbit. Perhaps the first mobius as you suggest made by fitbit with a cig logo. Comes with a new ship as well!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I actually have no idea about the state of sq42. Did they mention anything recently? Based on the kind of features 5-6 could take a long time..

Gonna be honest- the fact that we still have not seen a hint of a gameplay preview of SQ42 is worrying at how "complete" it's supposed to be now.

Remember how CR said they were "days" away from finishing the SQ42 vertical slice to show off at Citizencon 2016? Well it's been a year since then and we've seen neither hide nor hair of it. Either they scrapped it and started working on other stuff (which is kind of a cocktease), SQ42 is still not in showoffable state (which would be extremely bad for how behind schedule we already are), or they've just been sitting on the completed demo/vertical slice for the past 6+ months to show it off for max hype.

I don't know which is worse frankly- the idea that they've been sitting on something that big for multiple months when people are frankly *starved* to see tangible progress and WIP stuff, or the fact that it still might not be done yet.

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
3.0 will generate more sales because a bunch of people have stated they won't be putting more money in the game until CIG has shown signs of progress. It's also really hard to tell people...yeah, we have this great game. It's in alpha, but there are some playable features. Then they ask what the release date is and you tell them...no clue. They ask how the latest build is and you tell them good, but you have not seen a major build in a long time. At that point, it starts getting really hard to sell the game to someone new. Heck, I could not even convince my brother (an avid space gamer) to buy in.

Oh, and @Rear_Intruder - I read that the same way. They have not fixed 50 bugs, they have 26 left they must fix before the go to Evocati to test space travel. The rest have been delayed until the next evocati release. What it sounds like to me is they said "we have too many bugs in our burn down list and we are not making progress, so let's redefine what we must fix for burn down so it looks like we are doing better.

Honestly, this might be a better way of doing things anyway because it focuses them on a certain feature set, but it also smells of damage control with the backers.

they didnt put bugs aside, this is still the same bugs. im sure a part of the cig team is already working on 3.1, cause they are working pipeline like, splitting everything up.

be sure to check the "the great wait until 3.0". i think ill make a history, so that you can differ from week to week what has been done.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
They are focusing on the bugs preventing the evocati from testing space flight. This means other bugs (dealing with missions, etc), are not a priority right now. They may have some lower level people chasing things down, but they are not being worked on by their best bugsmashers.

So yeah, they have set aside some bugs to concentrate on others. This may be a good thing, but I've noticed the count is 11, 10, 5. This means a lot of the blocker bugs are still there (or new ones found), but they have set aside a majority of the critical and high bugs.

Forgot your password?