Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
I always amazes me how poorly attorneys write civil documents. Some of the examples submitted during the Baldwin circus were almost painful to read. Criminal is typically a little better, for some reason, but not much. C'mon man, proofreaders?

Reactions: Bambooza

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I look forward to enjoying some schadenfrude with my popcorn when Elon gets dealt the financial spanking he so richly deserves

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
If he's forced to buy it, Twitter will actually have to supply the court with details of how many accounts are actually fake and the amount of bots. It "may" have potential to significantly reduce the value of what Twitter is worth. He may buy it for a song then cut out and fire the cancer.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Erm...

Didnt read it...? Had a bee in his arse about it for months, and didnt attempt to interact with it.

Not trying to take sizes but when one hears buzzing when they fart they usually try to get to the bottom of it, don't they...?

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
Erm...

Didnt read it...? Had a bee in his arse about it for months, and didnt attempt to interact with it.

Not trying to take sizes but when one hears buzzing when they fart they usually try to get to the bottom of it, don't they...?
Maybe the staff who was supposed to provide him an executive summary is now out of a job?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
He didn't need to read the summary. He already had access to their testing methods and results coming from his suit. Reading a summary is pointless when you plan to investigate yourself, which all investors do as part of proper diligence. Lots of investors don't bother with summaries.

People are missing the juiciest parts of the story. The day after it looked like he was going to buy, millions of followers appeared in the lists of conservatives and millions disappeared in the lists of leftists, often accounting for between 20-50% change in followers. Explaining that to the SEC is like saying "we knew it was all lies but it's our policy to lie to everyone and they know." No, they did not know. Now they know.

No matter what happens with Elon, this is all win for freedom. I left Twitter years ago because it is such a cyber-cesspool of delusion and fraud. Now it has a chance to get fixed, because the SEC is watching. That is more terrifying than the FBI, because the SEC still has some integrity, and they like putting people in prison.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
He didn't need to read the summary. He already had access to their testing methods and results coming from his suit. Reading a summary is pointless when you plan to investigate yourself, which all investors do as part of proper diligence. Lots of investors don't bother with summaries.

People are missing the juiciest parts of the story. The day after it looked like he was going to buy, millions of followers appeared in the lists of conservatives and millions disappeared in the lists of leftists, often accounting for between 20-50% change in followers. Explaining that to the SEC is like saying "we knew it was all lies but it's our policy to lie to everyone and they know." No, they did not know. Now they know.

No matter what happens with Elon, this is all win for freedom. I left Twitter years ago because it is such a cyber-cesspool of delusion and fraud. Now it has a chance to get fixed, because the SEC is watching. That is more terrifying than the FBI, because the SEC still has some integrity, and they like putting people in prison.
Someday a real rain'll come and wash all the scum off the streets, eh?

It's lucky the richest man on the planet isn't in a position to set up or influence any of those account movements you mentioned, all it would take at that kind of scale is cents per account it could be as cheap as a couple of million, pocket change if it means saving billions on an acquisition or just collapsing a company you don't want to exist anymore... All is fair in love and business.

But that would be conspiracy theorising, wouldn't it? Do I know what happened? No. Do I know what's happening? Pretty sure only two parties know that, the one doing it and the one it's being done to and even then one of them may not be totally in the picture. It could even be they are both doing something to each other *hums Elvis's 'caught in a trap'*

You know what the true difference is between the Left and the Right where I am? Ironically, it's freedom.

The Rights ideological roots tend to gravitate voters towards the strongest centralised pool of that idiology. We saw it in the UK with the UK Independence Party, they found a hook which took voters away from the main pool so in response that main pool adopted that extremeist independence angle to bring them back. They kept their pool of voters but paid for it in every real world way possible including core confidence - when the genie grants your wish, it is not supposed to come with complications but we all know the way that thousands of years old story goes...

The left is fragmented. Greens, Liberals, Democrats, Labour workers party, The Monster Raving Loony Party etc etc etc. All similar ideologies but each focusing on something a little different enough to split support - support spread across all the individual little freedoms people want and are attracted to in their lives. There are more Left voters in the UK than there are Right, but the right, centralised, stays in power. The freedom which the right to be fair tollorates, is tolerated as it is in its own interests - it is what keeps the left diluted for much of the time and gives the right its centralised pool of power. They wouldn't want the competitors to get organised and less fragmented, would they?

That's what I'm seeing where I am anyway. Do I know? Pffft of course not. No one does, not even the turtles who find themselves on top of the posts.

In the end as with the birds of the air and the beasts of the land all one can do is shrug their shoulders and put up with whatever the climate is at the current moment in time and wait for it to all blow over, eh?

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?