Can I get a roll call for fans of the game Anthem?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Bioware is working on a new IP called Anthem, there will be more coming out about Anthem in E3 in June.

Until then, all we have is this trailer:

Anthem will be an Ironman meets Monster Hunter, meets rpg storyline and co-op mission running.

If you enjoyed Destiny or Warframe, or have interest in this co-op type loot shooter, drop a comment below.

We are wondering if there is enough interest for a dedicated section for this up and coming game.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I really like the idea behind this game. I'm interested in playing. Then again, I'm game to try just about anything. The industry has been so damn absent good options lately. Don't get me wrong. There have been a ton great candidates. So many games have been good on paper. Great ideas with great art and interesting twists haven't been in short supply.

The short supply part has been the follow through. Something or another comes along and wrecks the game before it even has a chance to get started. Things like microtransactions, pay walls, content removed and placed in DLC, PTW PVP, last minute changes to perfectly good gameplay, early access scaring off the majority of players before the game even has a chance. So many good games have died due to poor management and development.

Maybe this will be different. Maybe the industry has finally learned that a game won't succeed unless they quit trying to rip of players and actually make a solid experience. I can only hope. Until then, I'll keep giving them a shot. Anthem is definitely on my list of games to try. The next one though is in a couple days. Farcry 5 here I come!

former

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 7, 2015
RSI Handle
former
I can't wait for this to come out. I put a lot of hours into firefall before it was shutdown and I hope Anthem will be able to give me the same amount of enjoyment and fun.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Does the tin-man have a sheet metal cock?
There was a chicken in Return to Oz, but it wasn't metal. Was able to talk, but the Tin Man only met it briefly.

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
I used to be both Destiny and Warframe veteran for years, always wanted to love Anthem but I can't even trust E.A. aka Enormous Assholes.
And my fingers are still crossed for Bioware Edmonton, the creator of Mass Effect trilogy. ^^

Reporting for interest. I was into it when I say the trailer last year but could do without the scripted role playing. It was kinda cringy.
That's why my comment got 1.100k thumb-ups. XD

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
always wanted to love Anthem but I can't even trust E.A
This!! I really do want to love and pre order Anthem but I do not trust EA and so I wait until a month after release to see how people are liking it.

Then again I was not a fan of the Division or Destiny as I do not like how gear matters more then skill.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I can't help but grin and enjoy the fact that we are currently playing better graphics, animation, facial features and rendering that this game has.

I am impressed, they even left some glitches in when the red mech slams into the ground and starts walking his foot glitches a bit, glad they did that.

I hope this game is a big success it looks so good!

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Very hopeful this game will be good, very skeptical of most development teams under the power of big producers. Although I like what I have seen so far, and think it has a lot of potential, I am going to need to see a lot more before I let myself be too hyped for it.

Forgot your password?