Can't add the PTV to the checkout :,-{ - RESOLVED

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
[RESOLVED by just 'y know doing things and stuff] TESTies, come to my aid and tell me what I am doing wrong!

I have waiting all year for the IAE to get the PTV with 10 year insurance and now it is within my grasp, it illudes me...

1669237453108.png

When I click Add To Cart I get the above "Invalid Buy Back SKU", any ideas as to what it going on?

Last edited:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I also don’t understand why you want to spend real money on it. The PTV comes with 120 months insurance, but you can’t CCU it to anything (at least, not just now). So…?

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I also don’t understand why you want to spend real money on it. The PTV comes with 120 months insurance, but you can’t CCU it to anything (at least, not just now). So…?
Just because :)

The one in my By-Backs only has 72 month insurance so I've been waiting for the IAE to upgrade it to the 10 year.

Reactions: Raven_King

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Right… so… what in the world are you gonna do in that little thing that you’ll need to claim it back on the insurance, five years after SC is released?! I’m almost tempted to join you because it’s just so funny.

• Glorious

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Right… so… what in the world are you gonna do in that little thing that you’ll need to claim it back on the insurance, five years after SC is released?! I’m almost tempted to join you because it’s just so funny.
Dare you embrace the joy?

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Yes. Yes I do. I am confident that after playing for five years, I will not have earned enough in-game UEC to afford a PTV, not only that, I will have lost my starting UEC, and I don’t want to walk around my hangar like some pedestrIan. Dammit, I’m in! 🤣

• Glorious

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes. Yes I do. I am confident that after playing for five years, I will not have earned enough in-game UEC to afford a PTV, not only that, I will have lost my starting UEC, and I don’t want to walk around my hangar like some pedestrIan. Dammit, I’m in! 🤣
I will see you on the Kart track, sir!

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I will see you on the Kart track, sir!
Not for long. I’m terrible at racing and the PTV doesn’t appear to have any mirrors.

I think some more outdoorsy challenges are called for too. Highest cliff you can drive off in your PTV and survive. Whatever this is: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fzmhgk View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fzmhgk/i_see_your_barn_swallow/
. See if you can fit it in one of the passenger lifts at a space station and drive around the rest of the station. Ford the river on Microtech. Hijack an Idris and see how many spinal cannon shots it can tank.You up for any of that?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not for long. I’m terrible at racing and the PTV doesn’t appear to have any mirrors.

I think some more outdoorsy challenges are called for too. Highest cliff you can drive off in your PTV and survive. Whatever this is: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fzmhgk View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fzmhgk/i_see_your_barn_swallow/
. See if you can fit it in one of the passenger lifts at a space station and drive around the rest of the station. Ford the river on Microtech. Hijack an Idris and see how many spinal cannon shots it can tank.You up for any of that?
Definately, first thing I'm going to try is driving through the inside of my 600i

• Glorious

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It's cheap as a gun in game. Why would you want to spend real money on this?
At the moment, the PTV s technically clased as "Hangar Flair", rather than a vehicle. That may change soon, having had the STV variant released, UTV in planning, and the planned rework to allow skins, etc., at which point the classification might be updated and so CCU'ing from it may become available - along with a jump in price, naturally.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
So I took my PTV for a little drive on Microtech tonight. It lasted all of three minutes, but was fantastic fun. Driving along the snow under the tram tubes, taking in all the wintry scenery, I hoped to at least make it to the vehicle hangar at The Commons, if not try to drive around NB a bit.

It must have hit a particularly vicious snowflake or something, because without any warning, about three minutes drive from NBIS, it absolutely detonated. But what a fun way to go! Will 200% try again. Would be a fun - and quick - team event.

The best part is the claim time: 2 seconds!

in other news, I hadn’t had time to try it before today, but absolutely love the Cutter. Totally didn’t expect to, but I found myself just grinning when flying it from Port Tressler back to NB. (Guess who forgot to set his spawn point before taking the PTV for a brief spin).

Then I had time to take the Phoenix out for a mini photo shoot at sunset on a lush MT mountainside at sunset. I used to have an Aquila and flew it quite a bit around Alpha 3.9 or so. Liked it to begin with and then got a bit tired of it. But the Phoenix is an absolute beauty. Not really worth the money, but I’ll definitely keep it. VIP transport sounds like it could have potential, one day, and until then it’s a perfect place for a party.

Best day in-game for ages.

[Edit: typos]

Last edited:
  • Glorious

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So I took my PTV for a little drive on Microtech tonight. It lasted all of three minutes, but was fantastic fun. Driving along the snow under the tram tubes, taking in all the wintry scenery, I hoped to at least make it to the vehicle hangar at The Commons, if not try to drive around NB a bit.

It must have hit a particularly vicious snowflake or something, because without any warning, about three minutes drive from NBIS, it absolutely detonated. But what a fun way to go! Will 200% try again.Would be a fun - and quick - team event.

The best part is the claim time. 2 seconds!

in other news, I hadn’t had time to try it before today, but absolutely love the Cutter. Totally didn’t expect to, but I found myself just grinning when flying it from Port Tressler in ti NB. (Guess who forgot to set his spawn point before taking the PTV for a brief spin).

Then I had time to take the Phoenix out for a mini photo shoot at sunset on a lush MT mountainside at sunset. I used to have an Aquila and flew it quite a bit in aroind Alpha 3.9 or so. Liked it to begin with and then got a bit tired of it. But the Phoenix is an absolute beauty. Not really worth the money, but I’ll definitely keep it. VIP transport sounds like it could have potential, one day, and until then it’s a perfect place for a party.

Best day in-game for ages.
Good to hear you had a great time :-) I used to drive mine round the lip of the Levski open-cast mine it was like a Mario-Kart track.

Your vehicle randomly exploding is a known symptom of having a brush with the GLORY of TEST! Mere machines jusr cannot contan all that raw POWER!

• Glorious
Forgot your password?