Carrack 3.9

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If we're lucky.

Is it me or do CIG seem to be massively behind on ships at the moment.
Carrack didn't make 3.8
Cutlass red didn't make 3.8, but in soon.
Hull C removed from Roadmap
Prowler pushed back to 3.9
Cutlass blue removed from roadmap.
Hercules starlifter removed from roadmap.
Connie Taurus removed from roadmap.

NO ships scheduled for 4.0. None!

:/

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The fact they were pushed back does not concern me nearly so much as the stated reason--they're allocating additional resources to the Vanduul ships. They have already had troubles with moving people on and off ships. The Carrack hallways were all screwy because they had one team building one floor, and another team building the other. The opportunities for error and wasted time multiply whenever they move people from project to project.

I doubt the delays are from poor planning. I have to wonder about individual productivity. If it were me, I'd go to 10 hour days until they were back on schedule, and look to be replacing the slackers.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If we're lucky.

Is it me or do CIG seem to be massively behind on ships at the moment.
Carrack didn't make 3.8
Cutlass red didn't make 3.8, but in soon.
Hull C removed from Roadmap
Prowler pushed back to 3.9
Cutlass blue removed from roadmap.
Hercules starlifter removed from roadmap.
Connie Taurus removed from roadmap.

NO ships scheduled for 4.0. None!

:/

They are.

In last week's Star Citizen Live John Crewe touched on it by stating they are spreading their ship design teams thinner so that they are working on more ships at once but with fewer people per ship. The end result is it's going to take a lot more time to release each ship. The other part is the assumption that a lot of the ship pipeline is working on ships that are featured in SQ42 as well as ships that are going direct to release instead of the backlog due to funding. All this adds up to the lull we see in the road map with hardly any new ships scheduled to be released in the near future.

View: https://youtu.be/X3HB4lLTYrU?t=3713

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Honestly I'm fine with the Carrack coming later (I'm an owner). I'll rather CIG focus on getting the core stuff done (stability, SSOCS that works, and eventually server meshing). I understand the ship design guys are separate from the server guys but resources are resources. Until the core stuff is done, this game is a pipe dream. I'm already disappointed that server meshing isn't included in the roadmap for this year. What's the point of having big ships like Carracks when there aren't even enough players in the server to crew one.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Honestly I'm fine with the Carrack coming later (I'm an owner). I'll rather CIG focus on getting the core stuff done (stability, SSOCS that works, and eventually server meshing). I understand the ship design guys are separate from the server guys but resources are resources. Until the core stuff is done, this game is a pipe dream. I'm already disappointed that server meshing isn't included in the roadmap for this year. What's the point of having big ships like Carracks when there aren't even enough players in the server to crew one.
You are missing some point here, two actually...
The first is that thay can, as remove, also add things into the pipeline, and as stated by CIG they are actually putting into the pubblic roadmap only the things that they are reasonably sure they can be completed in the given time. Of course, if the internal assestment of resources change the roadmap change accordingly, with tab added or removed.

The second thing is there are plan only up to 4.0 thet mean and july, after that there is no pubblic roadmap, so befourre saying that server meshing isn't coming this year I'll wait untill Dec 31...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You are missing some point here, two actually...
The first is that thay can, as remove, also add things into the pipeline, and as stated by CIG they are actually putting into the pubblic roadmap only the things that they are reasonably sure they can be completed in the given time. Of course, if the internal assestment of resources change the roadmap change accordingly, with tab added or removed.

The second thing is there are plan only up to 4.0 thet mean and july, after that there is no pubblic roadmap, so befourre saying that server meshing isn't coming this year I'll wait untill Dec 31...

Correct the vehicle team is mostly removed from the other teams and its not like they can jump in to work on coding. They are artists and designers while they have some dependencies on other departments you can not just put them into other departments, especially development. While it is possible to move artists and designers from things like environment to ship you'll find that people have specialization in what sort of art they are skilled at and it's not really beneficial to move them around. So an Animator <> VFX <> Envioromental <> Concept ...

The art team has honestly been moving forward at a nice pace and the new tools they have been given have greatly enhanced what is making into the PU. While gameplay loops have not really progressed at the same rate this is mostly due to the backend rework that is almost complete.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Red went live in game, in Jan as promised, they technically have until the 28feb to keep the promise for the Carrack. As for the Blue, I can see them holding it off a bit until the BH mechanics get cleaned up a bit more, after all, until they do, your blue isn't any more (technically less) useful than a loaded out black.

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
I agree with Michael, CIG should be focusing on SQ42 to get it released to the public to refill the coffers and put the vaporware bullshit into the grave. Once SQ42 is in beta you will a lot more resource allocation going into SC.

Items and ships needed for SQ42 will bleed over into the alpha SC builds that just fact. Once all the ships for SQ42 are complete you will see an explosion of ships in SC because most already designed and laid out. They have manufacturers guides on how all ships skins should look and it should be an easier job for the ship pipeline crews to pump them out.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
We do not really know if the ship pipe line is bad or not but they are not keeping up with their declared schedule so it would be hard to imagine its going well. Some of this of course started with the Drake capital ship when the ships teams focus was repurposed. SSOCs whilst great has changed most things and I do not really care whether a ship comes out soon since the game is looking like having a nothing development year.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I agree with Michael, CIG should be focusing on SQ42 to get it released to the public to refill the coffers and put the vaporware bullshit into the grave. Once SQ42 is in beta you will a lot more resource allocation going into SC.

Items and ships needed for SQ42 will bleed over into the alpha SC builds that just fact. Once all the ships for SQ42 are complete you will see an explosion of ships in SC because most already designed and laid out. They have manufacturers guides on how all ships skins should look and it should be an easier job for the ship pipeline crews to pump them out.
And let's not forget about the huge revenue which is going to be generated by the Sq42 sale once released. This could allow CIG to hire more staff, which should speed up SC development even more.

Forgot your password?