Carrack Count

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm setting off to search for the Sphere of Beer(also searching for green space babes). Anyone that wants to join is welcome to come and RussianJ as discussed if you want to rent my Carrack you are more than welcome to do so as long as I can camp out in the co-pilot seat on the Javelin when we fight battles in it. I need my sleep afterall.

X up if you got a Carrack. And then say why you did.

Iced_Eagle

Admiral
Nov 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Iced_Eagle
Got a Carrack as well. Just using it to try to find the cheapest beer in the 'verse.

Jump point exploration also sounds neat I guess, and the ship seems very versatile. Especially if you hang out near unexplored space (which will be a lot of it to start :-) )

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
X up for the TPI (Test Please Ignore) Perseverance.

I didn't even lose money. I melted a couple things and sold my super hornet (25% went to TEST and I still had almost enough--only $5 short) to buy it.

Why? Come on, I've watched way too much Star Trek to not want to explore. That, to me, is quintessential to the space genre.

Anyone is welcome to join, especially bcmsemo, who bought my hornet and indirectly donated to TEST.

2fat

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
2fat
I bought one so i can use it as a target seeking lawn dart capable of finding new and interest things to crash into.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I was going to buy one, but my Moral dropped to zero and I got air locked !

next time stock up on real food and booze, not romen noodles and grog

*edit didn't buy one... yet I am pondering

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Yeah I got one. Let's hope those shutters provide protection from hull debris.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
X

I had to. it's just too damn awesome looking. But I'm keeping my Freelancer DUR, for when I want to explore solo.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I shall have to forego my exploration based Freelancer DUR and bring my Starfarer along with this expedition. If we do find the Sphere of Beer, a.k.a. Near-Death Star, I am going to want to be able to tank up and bring some of this magnificent brew back to TEST base.

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
I melted my Freelancer Dur, M50 and Xi'An Scout to get one of those badboys. Kiltedfrog allready applied as XO so we will be the best defended Carrack in the Verse!!

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I've got my carrack. Need a co-pilot!

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I just watched the designer chat about this in the latest Around the Verse. I really like how they set up the cockpit and those cool shutters that go over it when your in trouble..

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I did not get one but i am looking into it, i have concerns thst it lists there being no freight units. It makes no sense

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
It has a buggy so perhaps that is taking up the cargo space.

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
I think it will have cargo space but it is not quite up to date.. It has detachable pods. And also in the minigame you can pick up stuff while exploring so it is logical to assume that it has cargospace!

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
It has a buggy so perhaps that is taking up the cargo space.
Not to mention the modular pods that will carry ~1400 per unit if they're configured for cargo. I don't think it's a stretch to say some might dedicate their Carrack for hauling.

VeryAngryOtter

Admiral
Feb 4, 2014
RSI Handle
VeryAngryOtter
X
She's a looker. And I sold my connie super pack to flesh out my fleet, so I needed an exploration ship.

Forgot your password?