Carrack? Let’s rework that.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Everyone's got their own opinion and preference. Hope cig just ignore them and roll out what they've been working on, otherwise I foresee another delay and a waste of resources.

Edit: If everyone wants the same thing and it isn't difficult to change then that would be the best scenario. My concern is that everyone wants something different and most of the work up-to-date would have to be scrapped.

Last edited:

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Let's rework everything once we have an operational game, shall we?

That's my attitude. Unless it's needed for squadron 42.

Personally I liked the concept engines more, but I can see how having them accessible like that is good for game play. Also, I'd rather have something in game than nothing, and I'm sure it will look much better when they finish applying textures/finishing touches.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Man what a turnaround, it took CIG almost a year to commit to reworking the ghastly original Cutlass model, and that was a WHOLE LOT bigger departure from concept than the Carrack lamo.

TBH all they really need to do is change the engine cowling back to the cool triangular bit it had before, and it would match the Pisces to boot. It's hard to tell without any textures to break up the greybox atm.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
For me, they can play with the inside, the outside, the paint, or even give it (removable) shag carpets at this point. I don't care that it's going to be late. (and not plaid paint... I am not really fond of plaid paint.) Just don't make it later. They did something wrong this time. The roadmap status has a lot of missing tasks assigned to the Carrack, but there isn't an indication of what that means, if they don't say early... like when they know that something is going to slip. They need to be clear about timeline or they are risking more angry players.
And yeah you know, this is their timeline not ours...but this was supposed to be an open process, with them communicating to us. That broke down here.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given that the roadmap has stated for a while that the Carrack was still only about 1/2 done, there's a lot that they were basically admitting that needed to be taken care of before it was fully flight ready for the PU release. Personally, I was simply happy that we got to see it in action in the shape that it's currently in so that we can better enjoy how it will eventually be when it's ready. This being said, IF the Carrack takes much longer to complete because they have to perform a massive overhaul on it, I'll be blaming that delay on those that bitched about its current looks instead of being understanding & I won't give a damn about their reasons for their impatience at that point.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Damnit ... Now I'm graving some hot freshly made donuts. LoL My favorites are the chocolate glazed that are whipped cream filled. Unfortunately they tend to be rather rare to find as those that do make them sell out faster than a Jav sale during the CIG anniversary event week.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Damnit ... Now I'm graving some hot freshly made donuts. LoL My favorites are the chocolate glazed that are whipped cream filled. Unfortunately they tend to be rather rare to find as those that do make them sell out faster than a Jav sale during the CIG anniversary event week.
You need to come to Canada my friend. We have all the creamy filling doughnuts.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You need to come to Canada my friend. We have all the creamy filling doughnuts.
If I did, I'd probably kill myself by "accidentally" falling into a massive container of that glorious maple syrup & then doing my best to drink my way out. lols

Great, now I'm imagining myself dunking delicious cream filled donuts in maple syrup. ;p

Forgot your password?