Carrack? Let’s rework that.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Nah, nah, nah. . .look again peeps. Time index 4:58. Yes, that is not the Merlin but rather the Archemedes. But look at the frame of the shot. That was taken from outside of the ship, facing a ramp.

I get what Mich is saying. . .the ramp is in front; but that is a ramp. We are NOT looking down into the hangar. We're looking up the ramp. That means this can fit two ships.

At least. . .looks that way to me.

No that is not from outside that's inside looking through a unfinished door in to the hangar,
that is the hangar but it does look like the Archemedes indeed

CarHang.jpg

Or actually the CAM is oposite same opening unfinished window or door but very much inside !

CHEERS ! 🍻

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What CIG plans to fit in hangars and what a bunch of drunk dummies can cram in there with wanton abandon are two radically different things.
Indeed... ... .. . Leaning back thinking the Phoenix... ... .. . yeah I can lower the hangar in the Phoenix then squeeze it in the Carrack hangar and I got a Carrack with luxury trailer...

That'll be wicked... hmmm... .. . where's my beer.. hey come back here... .. .. . !

🍻

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Looking at the Carrack in the CitizenCon demo and the version in the ad that dropped I have a little more faith that @Blind Owl is right, the overall shapes look the same but it appears there is much more LOD in the ad version (although we see much less of it of course).

From the Demo
newcarrack-5.png

newcarrack-4.png

Compared to from the ad:
newcarrack-3.png

newcarrack-1.png

newcarrack-2.png

Fingers crossed.

'Gimp

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Looking at the Carrack in the CitizenCon demo and the version in the ad that dropped I have a little more faith that @Blind Owl is right, the overall shapes look the same but it appears there is much more LOD in the ad version (although we see much less of it of course).

From the Demo
View attachment 14381

View attachment 14385

Compared to from the ad:
View attachment 14386

View attachment 14387

View attachment 14389

Fingers crossed.

'Gimp
She's get prettied-up my friend. Also, it's what's on the inside that counts, right?

Like beer fridges!

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
10 months ago reveal had me super stoked. That ship looked even better than the original. Then the new reveal made me go wtf??? It looked as ugly as Elon Musks truck. It felt like someone got lazy and decided to make a large space whale. The smooth straight lines on the side killed its aggressiveness and rugged look 10 months earlier. Hope they revert back to the earlier design
carrack 2.PNG

Instead of ......

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
10 months ago reveal had me super stoked. That ship looked even better than the original. Then the new reveal made me go wtf??? It looked as ugly as Elon Musks truck. It felt like someone got lazy and decided to make a large space whale. The smooth straight lines on the side killed its aggressiveness and rugged look 10 months earlier. Hope they revert back to the earlier designView attachment 14395

Instead of ......

Every time I look at these images it makes me sadder.

Marknado

Vice Admiral
Nov 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Marknado
10 months ago reveal had me super stoked. That ship looked even better than the original. Then the new reveal made me go wtf??? It looked as ugly as Elon Musks truck. It felt like someone got lazy and decided to make a large space whale. The smooth straight lines on the side killed its aggressiveness and rugged look 10 months earlier. Hope they revert back to the earlier designView attachment 14395

Instead of ......

Well, when you're right... Damn, really did like the old look... Better include a pool-table and beer-dispenser; that would make me forgive almost anything :-D

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Nah, nah, nah. . .look again peeps. Time index 4:58. Yes, that is not the Merlin but rather the Archemedes. But look at the frame of the shot. That was taken from outside of the ship, facing a ramp.

I get what Mich is saying. . .the ramp is in front; but that is a ramp. We are NOT looking down into the hangar. We're looking up the ramp. That means this can fit two ships.

At least. . .looks that way to me.
It is the back door, or window of the hangar they showed in the demo.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Um, the Roadmap has the Carrack as being approx 55% completed. So calm down & cheer up. There's much nicer looks of it than they showed in the CitizenCon mission demo.

Indeed this shows a bit of confusion given what was shown in the keynote doesn't match the version shown in ship talk. But you have to remember unless you where there most of us did not see ship talk until this weekend and even then there is a huge disconnect. Is the keynote one the current model or is the ship talk one the current model.

Forgot your password?