Carrack should be out soon. Its in the latest 3.8.2 game files

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I swear if my carrack isn’t perfect I’m going to complain about it to. . . Wait who do I complain to again?
Given that you're a member of TEST Squadron, I suggest that you direct your complaints to the bottom of each been that you finish before shutting yourself up long enough to enjoy another. Rinse & repeat until you feel really GOOD. Cheers!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
So you've finally flown it?

How does she handle compared to the Starfarer?
Much better; it handles like Hammerhead.
Fast acceleration and relatively short braking distance for such a heavy ship.

And the max speed is currently insane ; ) I expect rage when the "ace" fighter pilots learn how fast Carrack can go.

Engines overheat easily with afterburner on, but this is probably intended; besides, it doesn't prevent ship from reaching high speeds nor deccelerating quickly.

The main problem with this early version is fuel efficiency or maybe fuel scooping efficiency even.

sharpeone

Admiral
Dec 30, 2019
RSI Handle
Sharpeone
I have a feeling that the Carrack will be in an open PTU build by the end of Sat in order for CIG to keep their latest promise on it.
You were correct! Looks to be available on PTU to owners of the standard edition not the C8X upgrade though :(

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Much better; it handles like Hammerhead.
Fast acceleration and relatively short braking distance for such a heavy ship.

And the max speed is currently insane ; ) I expect rage when the "ace" fighter pilots learn how fast Carrack can go.

Engines overheat easily with afterburner on, but this is probably intended; besides, it doesn't prevent ship from reaching high speeds nor deccelerating quickly.

The main problem with this early version is fuel efficiency or maybe fuel scooping efficiency even.
I don't mind if a larger ship can fly faster than fighters, that's actually realistic. But it should have relatively slower acceleration than a fighter, and a lot more range. Maybe just some game ballance will fix it.
Now for my pet peeve... does the HUD line up with the ship's center of mass?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You were correct! Looks to be available on PTU to owners of the standard edition not the C8X upgrade though :(

ya, that part sucks. Grabbed the upgrade and thus not able to play around with the Carrack

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
ya, that part sucks. Grabbed the upgrade and thus not able to play around with the Carrack
Wait, if you have the upgrade, you can't fly the Carrack right now? WTF?
More tests completed; together with @stockish we've successfully loaded Buccaneer into the hangar.
Then I took it for a ride around the verse. It survived 3 quantum jumps and atmospheric flight tests on Microtech and Delamar.

View attachment 15020

View attachment 15021

View attachment 15022

View attachment 15023
Beauties! This is fucking awesome. Thank you.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Sorry about that :(. If we are in the PTU at the same time, reach out and you can take mine for a spin!
thank you for the offer.

Wait, if you have the upgrade, you can't fly the Carrack right now? WTF?
Yep if you picked up the upgrade at citizencon for the c8x pisces expedition you don't get to fly either the C8 or the Carrack in the PTU. So you pay 20 extra dollars to wait even longer.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yep if you picked up the upgrade at citizencon for the c8x pisces expedition you don't get to fly either the C8 or the Carrack in the PTU. So you pay 20 extra dollars to wait even longer.
What a fuggin bargon... well I'm not all that worried, I probably have less than 6 hours to play before mid-March. That's only enough time for somewhere between 4 and 8 trade runs, 2 crashes, and a crime stat.

Forgot your password?