Carrack should be out soon. Its in the latest 3.8.2 game files

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It fits on the landing pad matrix. I took off from Oli (00 pad), and landed it at Port Tessilar. It will fit inside the hangers, but it is snug and you might have to lube it up a bit.
She handles alot like a Caterpillar. Her shields are as tough as a Hammerheads, but does not have the hitpoints of that ship. You can bounce size 5 torps off those shields all day, someone in a Harbringer was trying to shoot me down at Port Olisar, he ran out of Torps before he did any damage.
That being said, 3 size 9's will take her out, so a Tali is about the only single ship threat out the at the moment.
A beauty of a ship, cargo slightly smaller than a Caterpillar at 456 SCU.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Cannot wait to caress my Carrack!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
REMINDER!!!

The Exploration packages will both be going up in price once the Carrack is released to live this week. I have preemptively melted my old package, bought 2 of the $695 and tomorrow I'll melt those to buy the $1350 so they're both in buyback.

The $695 is a very good savings of around ~27%, but the $1350 has easier upgrading ability with ships of all prices spread through it and still a savings of ~23%

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
REMINDER!!!

The Exploration packages will both be going up in price once the Carrack is released to live this week. I have preemptively melted my old package, bought 2 of the $695 and tomorrow I'll melt those to buy the $1350 so they're both in buyback.

The $695 is a very good savings of around ~27%, but the $1350 has easier upgrading ability with ships of all prices spread through it and still a savings of ~23%

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I should have put a couple more of these into my buybacks. Dammit, haha.

Edit: Or I could just be content with the damn setup I have on my UEE Exploration pack and call it good, haha.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I should have put a couple more of these into my buybacks. Dammit, haha.

Edit: Or I could just be content with the damn setup I have on my UEE Exploration pack and call it good, haha.
Yeah, I wish I had put a few of the old mega packs I have in buyback, but it's all good. I'm just doing this now so I have some options when it comes to finalizing my fleet. I've probably spent enough on the game already, but may end up putting in more. I'm sure they'll be fine with cash flow and able to make the game, but I do want this project to succeed, so I like to add some every now and then.

Plus if I end up with one of each of my exploration packs, I could just buyback the two current ones with cash and maybe use a 20% off subscriber coupon. I know you can't use it if you're using store credit, but does anyone know if you're doing a buyback if you can use that coupon? It would save quite a bit of cash...although I'd have 3 Carracks, can you even upgrade to a ship over $500 anymore? Thought they did away with that.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
the real test is will the hangar deck lid close without touching them?
First pic taken at Levski, second on Yela. Both little orange bots survive jumps with the hangar closed without any problems.

Even more -- once I tested them on Yela, I logged-out from bed. Logged-in next day and the mothership spawned with both MPUVs in the hangar. The only problem is that all 3 ship spawned with landing gear retracted.

Then I jumped with them to Microtech and finally died there when the new build was released and PTU servers were stopped.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Plus if I end up with one of each of my exploration packs, I could just buyback the two current ones with cash and maybe use a 20% off subscriber coupon. I know you can't use it if you're using store credit, but does anyone know if you're doing a buyback if you can use that coupon? It would save quite a bit of cash...although I'd have 3 Carracks, can you even upgrade to a ship over $500 anymore? Thought they did away with that.
Wait what? You can't use the coupon with store credit? Since when?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Wait what? You can't use the coupon with store credit? Since when?
I used my CIG coupon with only store credit to purchase my exploration back, but that was a while back.
I dont know, but a while ago I melted my Mega exploration pack because I had the coupon and a bright idea to make it cheaper. I dont remember too well, but for some reason it didn't work. I just assumed it was because I used store credit.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I dont know, but a while ago I melted my Mega exploration pack because I had the coupon and a bright idea to make it cheaper. I dont remember too well, but for some reason it didn't work. I just assumed it was because I used store credit.
All I can say, because though I've melted ships I've never done a buyback CIG is pretty darn good at increasing prices. (Oh, I just realized ... that might mean I have an LTI token somewhere.)

Forgot your password?