Carracks being worked on officially at this moment

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Call me selfish, but I would have loved them more if they anounced they work on the Freelancer DUR (at least the Carrack is an exploration ship so exploration will get some love)

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
I am excited getting to know how the Carrack truely ends up and I want to be optimistic. But I have a hard time imagining all that equipment stated when they are also trying to balance out ships. Rover, snub, drones, med bay, repair bay, long range engines, bigass computer core, solar arrays, heavy defenses and turrets while also being able to carry a pretty insane amount of cargo. Slap some big guns on it and you have in my mind an "I win ship" which is something I know that CIG is trying to avoid. My gut tells me at least the cargospace will drop significantly to balance things out and I can't imagine it having anything but a few turrets on as defense. Time will tell. Hoping for the best

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I am excited getting to know how the Carrack truely ends up and I want to be optimistic. But I have a hard time imagining all that equipment stated when they are also trying to balance out ships. Rover, snub, drones, med bay, repair bay, long range engines, bigass computer core, solar arrays, heavy defenses and turrets while also being able to carry a pretty insane amount of cargo. Slap some big guns on it and you have in my mind an "I win ship" which is something I know that CIG is trying to avoid. My gut tells me at least the cargospace will drop significantly to balance things out and I can't imagine it having anything but a few turrets on as defense. Time will tell. Hoping for the best
SHHhhhhh! A-hole! We were hoping CIG wouldn't notice, so shut your piehole! There are PLENTY of downsides like increased use of window cleaner, and budgetary pitfalls such as keeping the mini fridge in BOTH the snub and the rover stocked. Thats some overhead cost for you. Yep. Totally not an OP ship. Not at all...

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
OK, you are selfish.

That is all.

'Gimp ;^)
tehehe I like how you do exactly what you got told :D tehehe

I think I just completed an other step to total Worlddomination:
get a Minion that does exactly as you told him.
Jay,

Reactions: TOXYK

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Call me selfish, but I would have loved them more if they anounced they work on the Freelancer DUR (at least the Carrack is an exploration ship so exploration will get some love)
How about we give you a pizza size cookie and let them continue to create the Carrack?

Reactions: Varku and TOXYK

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
It’ll be a “glass cannon”. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Every time I see anything about the Carrack my first thought is:

When will they announce the Drake equivalent?

As for balance, the impression I've been getting is that CIG has been avoiding the narrative of any ship can defeat any ship. This is a moronic approach, better to have balance through alternative variations, costs, and crew requirements, but still technically accessible to anyone willing to put in the effort (to include being a likeable enough person to actually properly crew the larger ships.)

TOXYK

Commander
Donor
Oct 3, 2017
RSI Handle
TOXYK
I wonder how many Auroras it can ferry?
I try to look away, but it's like a Carrack - You don't want to stare, but can't help but watch.

While I agree with you, the DUR definitely needs to progress; the Carrack has certain mechanics and tech that I think may make it the better candidate for development. The Jump point and advanced radar tech for example.

Last edited:

Vogonjeltz

Vice Admiral
Jul 22, 2017
RSI Handle
Vogonjeltz
pff, exploring new worlds, lame ... I mean yes a bigger conny XD jk. Stoked to see it, just jealous. I want my dang Merchman Barman. A travelling distillery would be more my cup of booze. So far it seems only one star system per jump, wonder how it will involve pathfinding.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?