Exploration Cartographer

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
An observation from the map I posted last, you can get anywhere in a large ship, you just have to go around the block a few times before you get to a destination. Medium and small paths are huge shortcuts.
Yes that was something I noticed right away in making the maps I did. There is a large jump point highway where all the large cargo will travel threw in a predictable path. Not to mention those fleets bringing large ships can only go certain ways to get somewhere.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm fully aware of this and that's why I'm making my maps without a lot of information. I plan on going back and making changes so right now I'm building an overall library of CAD drawings that can be edited easily in the future :) But I'm also not taking a lot of suggestions as to what should be added to my maps because everybody keeps saying the same things and they all will be the things most likely (or almost definitely) to change. I'd rather have a map with no measurements than a map with completely insanely utterly wrong measurements.
So... the exact opposite of the RSI ship specs page?

Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
So... the exact opposite of the RSI ship specs page?
You know I never thought of it that way but I guess I'm learning from their mistakes. It's the benefit of watching them go through the hassle of explaining to a million people why the game didn't come out a long time ago and instead it's still being built :) Even though 99% of us understand that the scope has changed there is still that 1% that get's crazy about it. I'm just trying to avoid that. Also, since these are printed it's really hard to go back and change the prints!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Great job with these maps. I have Bookmarked for reference.
Thanks for taking the time to do this and for sharing.

Forgot your password?