Change to Subscriber program on the way...

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Its overdue, especially when the last person in charge of this said change was coming for Subs and Concierge then all we heard was crickets.

The Imperator changes are hopefully worth the $20 because right now its the same benefits butbone extra flair a month.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Its overdue, especially when the last person in charge of this said change was coming for Subs and Concierge then all we heard was crickets.

The Imperator changes are hopefully worth the $20 because right now its the same benefits butbone extra flair a month.
My approach to subscriptions was that (If bought during "Luminalia" when they discount the price):
  • You're getting around half back through the annual coupon (If applied carefully - Transferring "credit" into "Warbond" savings).
  • The items (armor, flair, etc.) now seems to total roughly the subscription price (even though a lot may not be useful now - Things like clothing will have value in the future, and they save the cost of having to buy equivalent items when the game finally releases or a wipe occurs).
  • You get an extra ship to fly each month (Sometimes good, sometimes not worth it)
  • Occasional useful Warbond CCU offering on the "ship of the month".
  • You get a week's free trial of newly released ships (Imperator only), giving a "free" opportunity to evaluate the ship(s) before buying.
  • You get access to some other digital stuff (Jump Point, the "vault", etc.).

Overall, I don't mind the return for the current system, although there's been flair I'll likely never use, and "ship of the month" which duplicated existing loaners (Corsair for September, when everyone got a month free-fly of it at the same time through it winning "Ship Showdown", for example).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sounds interesting, I always liked the idea of supporting the project small but often but was totally turned off subbing when account bonded flair like the stuff you get from Subscribing and the subscriber store became permanently losable in the 'Verse.

Thinking about it now it seems a little churlish but I suppose it shows exactly what I was subscribing for as I'd only chip in when there was a nice piece of flair I wanted to use in the 'Verse. Also used the subscriber store for picking up the variants of stuff I liked, like the Wowblast toys, too...

...I'll be watching to see if the new offering is enough to get me around that blocker of loosing the junk I like enough to drop IRL spondoolics on.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Subscriber, Concierge, and referral programs should all be reviewed and updated.

That said, nothing should be taken away from a person.

Current subscribers should be able to keep their current subscriber benefits, or change to the new one. Once the next billing cycle comes in, they can only get the new one.

For referral and Chairman's Club members

If you were promised a Javelin for a specific number of referrals, that reward should continue to be available

If you promised a gold gun at X level, they should get that gold gun and keep that gold gun at X level or before.

Changes should be to add rewards For instance:
Once you get a Jav, maybe add a Kraken at another level of referrals?
Add levels beyond 25k. At 30k you get some sort of gold plated armor with a target ring on the front and back of it.
MAYBE...base Concierge rewards on the value of the ships in the hangar. So if you gifted 30k worth of ships and now you only have an aurora, you are not even a member (face it, at that level, you are a re-seller)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, the best way CIG can improve the subscriber system, will benefit everybody more or less, because to me, them installing a kiosk in stations & main cities (perhaps near the medical centers or respawn points not inside ships) to reclaim our lost hangar gear would allow us to enjoy it more openly.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Subscriber, Concierge, and referral programs should all be reviewed and updated.

That said, nothing should be taken away from a person.

Current subscribers should be able to keep their current subscriber benefits, or change to the new one. Once the next billing cycle comes in, they can only get the new one.

For referral and Chairman's Club members

If you were promised a Javelin for a specific number of referrals, that reward should continue to be available

If you promised a gold gun at X level, they should get that gold gun and keep that gold gun at X level or before.

Changes should be to add rewards For instance:
Once you get a Jav, maybe add a Kraken at another level of referrals?
Add levels beyond 25k. At 30k you get some sort of gold plated armor with a target ring on the front and back of it.
MAYBE...base Concierge rewards on the value of the ships in the hangar. So if you gifted 30k worth of ships and now you only have an aurora, you are not even a member (face it, at that level, you are a re-seller)
I'd like to see CIG bump the Executive 600i down to the $20k mark & replace it with an Executive 890J at the $25k Legatus spot. Which would make sense to me. I'd also be happy to see them add in higher tiers of Concierge with perks.

As for the change in benefits, I agree that it should either only add something more while taking nothing away or let the subscriber choose to accept or reject until their subscription time runs out & then start the new benefits afterwards.

• o7
Reactions: Jangmo
Forgot your password?