Chaos Emerald badge, what is that?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I tried to purchase 4 more Nomad Warbond CCU today ( i purchased already a lot before that, 55). And it seems i can not buy them anymore, it says the following when i try to complete checkout :

chaos_emerald_bade.jpg

Is that an invisible badge you get when purchasing too much?
I don't see it in my badge list at all.
It is clearly preventing me to get any new Nomad CCU.

I can get others CCU like Warbond BIS Eclipse or Valk without issue...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
No @NaffNaffBobFace not listed, that is weird. My thought is that it is probably some kind of invisible badge they assign to you when you buy too much of an item. I do not see other reason. I hope the ticket will explain that.

I never heard of that badge before and nothing when I Google it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No @NaffNaffBobFace not listed, that is weird. My thought is that it is probably some kind of invisible badge they assign to you when you buy too much of an item. I do not see other reason. I hope the ticket will explain that.

I never heard of that badge before and nothing when I Google it.
You've got yourself a rarity and a mystery!

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I tried to purchase 4 more Nomad Warbond CCU today ( i purchased already a lot before that, 55). And it seems i can not buy them anymore, it says the following when i try to complete checkout :

View attachment 19583

Is that an invisible badge you get when purchasing too much?
I don't see it in my badge list at all.
It is clearly preventing me to get any new Nomad CCU.

I can get others CCU like Warbond BIS Eclipse or Valk without issue...
Yup, you get that similar to the Kraken badge. Just melt.

Edit:
Not sure why you are stocking up on those though. Every year there's an LTI token under $100 with $10 discount.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Yup, you get that similar to the Kraken badge. Just melt.

Edit:
Not sure why you are stocking up on those though. Every year there's an LTI token under $100 with $10 discount.
So this means i have reached a limit and if i want to purchase more i need to melt those i have? Mmm ok but i don't want to melt them, i will have to repurchase them, it is like paying twice and getting store credit i need to get rid somehow :)

I did not knew there were LTI CCU each year since this is my first IAE, i was inactive since 2014 or so, i saw an opprtunity to get the remaining ships in my fleet with LTI, the reason i stocked up on them, half are for me, the rest are for my shop.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I did not knew there were LTI CCU each year since this is my first IAE, i was inactive since 2014 or so, i saw an opprtunity to get the remaining ships in my fleet with LTI, the reason i stocked up on them, half are for me, the rest are for my shop.
Sorry I didn't mean LTI CCU, this is the first year that offered LTI CCU.
I meant that each year they have some new small LTI ship under $100 with $10 discount.

Edit: ok I see, if you are selling in your store then it's a good ccu

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Sorry I didn't mean LTI CCU, this is the first year that offered LTI CCU.
I meant that each year they have some new small LTI ship under $100 with $10 discount.
Ah ok yes i know about the LTI ship. I bought 2 Nomad package LTI, but here my fleet plan requires my other token packages (Invictus Titan package, and this Aurora IAE package) to be turned into LTI.

I missed all those nice packages like small explo packs and so on because i was inactive, sometime i can grab one or two on the grey market, but in general i have to do my upgrades differently so i am stockpiling on not released ships' CCU and this LTI CCU is just awesome for my plans :)

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
55 brother!?! Hahaha, get it. Yes, sounds like you earned an unknown award - congrats! I kinda want it now.
I bought a little since then ;) But not with my main account.

It is funny because the Chaos Emeralds are probably a hidden reference from the game Sonic the Hedgehog (edit: typo), and they are supposed to grant gigantic powers to its holder. Here their super power is to seal your wallet i guess 🤣

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This badge is aimed at grey market guys like yourself. I know of 2 other sellers like yourself with same issue.
In that case you don't need to sell much to get it lol.
The only things I ever sold were in Test, and it can be counted on both hands. I did my first sale over one month ago or so.

But I am stockpiling a lot, probably like you @Doyzer, I recall your buyback tabs number you once showed hehe.
So I think it has to do with buybacks since i have close to 3500 items there.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?