Check your e-mails if your SUB/CONCIERGE

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/rsi-polaris-presale

Greetings Citizen,
As a dedicated supporter of the United Empire of Earth’s previous war bond drives, you have been selected to receive an exclusive look at Roberts Space Industries’ latest fighting starship, the POLARIS. Developed as part of the new Military Mobilization Initiative, the ship aims to provide authorized militia units with military-grade hardware to help combat the Vanduul threat. The United Empire of Earth will commission the lead ship on October 9th, at which time reservations will be open to all Citizens.

About the Polaris
The Polaris is a nimble corvette-class capital ship that packs a powerful punch with a full armament of turrets and torpedoes. Intended for use as both a naval patrol ship and to serve as the flagship of militia operations, Polaris has the capacity to perform search and rescue operations, light strike missions and general security patrols. The Polaris includes the facilities to repair, rearm and refuel a single fighter, light bomber or support ship.

Special Extras
The first wave of Polaris hulls, constructed for this pre-sale, will include unique registry numbers indicative of the order in which they were reserved. The sale page will show the next block of numbers being sold, but it cannot guarantee a particular number. Additionally, a printed version of the 28-page Polaris brochure will be delivered by mail; several preview pages are included in this post and the full digital brochure will go online on Sunday.

About the Sale
The Polaris is being offered for the first time as a limited concept sale. This means that the ship design meets our specifications, but it is not yet ready to display in your Hangar, fight in Arena Commander or fly in the Alpha. The sale includes Lifetime Insurance on the ship hull and a pair of decorative items for your Hangar. A future patch will add a Polaris poster and then once the in-game model is finished you will also be given an in-game Polaris mini ship model. In the future, the ship price will increase and the offer will not include Life Time Insurance or these extras.

The special preview sale of the Polaris will be available until the end of the standard Polaris sale on October 17th, 2016. The special pricing is available only to Concierge backers, Subscribers and CitizenCon 2016 Attendees. The full brochure, holoviewer, tech overview and other information will be available at this time. The preview edition of the Polaris, which includes the numbered designation and the printed brochure, is available only with the e-mail coupon code. To allow for the discount, store credit is disabled for this sale. The regular Polaris sale on Sunday will allow for store credit purchases.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I wish I could have used store credits, but I can't so I will be passing on this ship until it comes up for general sale

$625 price tag is nice but I am done SC spending

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cyril

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyril
I wish I could have used store credits, but I can't so I will be passing on this ship until it comes up for general sale

$625 price tag is nice but I am done SC spending
Ya I'm a little mad they didn't mention that until the actual checkout. I just put in a ticket to unmelt everything I just melted because they failed to put a disclaimer that subscriber discount coupons and store credit are not allowed. I can justify spending more money so I melted a bunch of stuff and even at that I was on the fence. The difference is enough that I'm not going to pick one of these up even on general sale.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
I'm not gonna do it.... but man 28 Torpedoes, 7 turrets... fit a smaller ship, plus 2 main and 4 aux thrusters... This has some serious fleet applications.
I will wait to get something this big in game though. As neat as it seems, I just can't commit to that kind of price.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Rolo

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Dammit. No store credit?!?! Gaaaaaaa. That's horrible. I could have this right now otherwise. That grinds my gears.

Reactions: Captain Call

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I took a good look at it and I just can't seem to get into it. When compared to all the other unique designs out there, the flying wedge just seems to be much lazier concept work than I'm used to seeing from CIG. Honestly, it doesn't even look like RSI. Well, other than shoving a connie nose on the end. That doesn't look awkward at all...

Now, this is my own personal opinion. The design doesn't appeal to me, but it looks like I am alone in my opinion. I took a look at the funding page and it looks to me like CIG has brought in just shy of 3/4 million today. So either I am waaaaay off base, or CIG is just that good at the hype train.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yay concierge, I take the summer off from SC and come back to this, well officially final purchase. If kiddies (including #3 in the oven) aren't all growed-up by the time game releases, will be up for loan to the org.
Hahaha, welcome back! And congrats on the newest bun in the oven.

Reactions: Captain Call
Forgot your password?