Checking In

Frankie_Bones

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Frankie_Bones
Hey folks,

Glad to be here, I got an invite from the gracious Cosmic Trader.

I like the atmosphere around here a lot, it seems really friendly and interested.

Where you from stranger?

Dublin, Ireland. Living in London right now.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of all time and I've always been a big RPG guy. Star Citizen seems like a really nice opportunity to free-roam and create stories in a comparable universe.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I love the idea of creating a base on a distant planet, working on it with friends, using salvage to build it, that kind of thing. I'm not really a PVP guy so I'd like to do hauling, salvage, maybe even rescue kind of stuff. I'm most excited about the out-of-ship stuff, more character-based than ship-based.

What was the first game you remember playing?

My older brothers had I think one of those old Grandstand consoles that had Pong and some other "sports games" that were really just variations of pong, all played with a paddle/knob. (I think the responsiveness of those paddles has yet to be beat in my memory)

But the first game I ever truly fell in love with and felt "Yes, video games are for me" was Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain on the PS1.

What other games do you play?

I have a weakness for Ubisoft open-world games, I like RPGs but can't get into JRPGs, I'm a sucker for a great game world so Bioshock is a favourite.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

Cosmic Trader approached me and said some things I have vowed never to repeat.

Picard or Kirk?

Kirk (Old Kirk. He's a space-jerk who just womanises and gets into fistfights in space, but his generation of Star Trek had an optimistic enthusiasm that still blows me away)

Why "Frankie_Bones?"

Frankie Bowen is a character from some fiction of mine, with the rather bloody nickname Frankie Bones.

I've written a couple of books, somewhere between pulp adventure and urban fantasy, if you're interested you can take a look here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conor-Mahood/e/B00LH0VQAA

Look forward to seeing you all out there in the 'verse.

Frankie_Bones

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Frankie_Bones
Frankie Bones was also a great house DJ in the 90s
Nice Just Jake, I had no idea!

Welcome to TEST!

I've marked you as checked in.
Sweet, thank you Black Sunder.

And thanks everybody for the welcome wishes, hope to see you out there once the new patch makes that all easier. In the meantime I'll be flying around solo getting shot down by Nine Tails pirate gangs...

Forgot your password?