Chewing the Scenery: A cinematic look at the Station Demien environment with some lore mixed in

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

"Chewing the Scenery" is a new video series that showcases the amazing environments & locations within video games.

The in-game lore:
Operation (OP) Station Demien was built in the 25th century to be an operations hub, transfer point and temporary housing location for government workers trying to terraform the smog planet of Nexus II. On January 10, 2935, a small squad of well-armed outlaws from Horizon Crew took the security team by surprise. Additional Horizon Crew ships landed and spread across the station, systematically moving from room to room and killing anyone they encountered. Many victims were found executed, a single shot in the back of the head, never knowing what hit them. The event is now known as the Walzer Massacre.

You can read more about it on the official Star Citizen website:
"This Day in History: The Walzer Massacre"

I recorded 90% of this footage in live, public matches with complete strangers. Nothing was coordinated or orchestrated and I died MANY MANY times. A friend got into a private match with me so I could rerecord a few replacement clips for ones that suffered horrific framerate stuttering.

The music I used is by fellow SC community member Alexzander Jordon & is an SC inspired track he created called "Neural Divide | Hybrid Music"

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I endorse this product or service

Star Citizen is going to be a great storytelling platform as well as a game.

Chris Roberts has built a virtual film studio along the way to creating the sandbox most of us will play in. When we can run our own servers that we populate with our own assets the sky will be the limit story-wise.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
I endorse this product or service

Star Citizen is going to be a great storytelling platform as well as a game.

Chris Roberts has built a virtual film studio along the way to creating the sandbox most of us will play in. When we can run our own servers that we populate with our own assets the sky will be the limit story-wise.
Although I think those "private servers" are a LONG way off, I'm curious to see what exactly they will be and how much control we actually have over them.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Although I think those "private servers" are a LONG way off, I'm curious to see what exactly they will be and how much control we actually have over them.
me too

I want to stage (and stream) PVP tournaments that random fuckwits can't disrupt

Forgot your password?