Chris Roberts on Squadron 42's Absence & Big Moves on Planets V2, Roadmap

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Anything exciting in it? Some infos about Star Marine, 2.6 or the like...?
Havn't seen all yet. Some more expanding Informations (for me as a relative fresh SC) on how they want the universe to be.
But nothing which would make me jump around like an old redneck who had found 1 kg of gold.

SM in 2.6 is going to be PVP, but they are planing some kind of PVE aspects too.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
The only problems with delaying things too long are; pushing releases back only helps had fuel to the fire of all those who claim that it's a game that will never be released and, the more and more it gets pushed back the more people will scrutinize over every little bug and defect.

I for one would prefer a well made game than one that isn't ready and fully expect something truly epic from Chris Robert's.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Anything exciting in it? Some infos about Star Marine, 2.6 or the like...?
Haven't seen it all yet either. Kids interrupted my YouTube/SC after work de-stress time. But from what I saw it pretty solid key figures for development talking about the questions and concerns many of us (myself included) raised. Will be watching it all later... it's so long.....

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
An interesting bit came up about Star Marine.....Tony Zurorec indicated that they were using Star Marine as the test bed for the new AI. Which now that I think about it makes sense. They can introduce changes to Star Marine without impacting the PU or Arena Commander.

In another interview I can't recall they mentioned different teams were working on 2.6 and 3.0. Always struggled to understand that as the 3.0 guys would need the 2.6 changes. Makes me think that the teams are working on completely different modules with very few shared code resources perhaps.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
An interesting bit came up about Star Marine.....Tony Zurorec indicated that they were using Star Marine as the test bed for the new AI. Which now that I think about it makes sense. They can introduce changes to Star Marine without impacting the PU or Arena Commander.

In another interview I can't recall they mentioned different teams were working on 2.6 and 3.0. Always struggled to understand that as the 3.0 guys would need the 2.6 changes. Makes me think that the teams are working on completely different modules with very few shared code resources perhaps.
I think it can be thought of like this:

2.6 Is items, FPS, AI, and character items, storage containers, etc.... Player Character and Ships related things.

3.0 is mostly Larger Regions, Mining stuff, universe based things....

One's the egg shell, ones the egg yolk.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
While this is true they also stated that 2.6 will come with Star Marine but it will be player vs player only. They are still working on the AI and it will come at a later date.

Forgot your password?