Christmas sale indecision.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Anyone else loosing sleep trying to decide what to buy next week? Personally I want something that'll compliment my DURp and Sabre. It's tearing me apart trying to decide between the Aquila, Redeemer, and Vanguard, Star G. I do want something that feels like home base though, you know, walk around in it, have quarters, etc. I've decided to leave the bigger ships so I have something to work towards (looking at you Carrack)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And how many ships are being made modular? The Tali, The Vanguard: you can swap out modules to make the ships into other variants. From what I'm reading, the Redeemer will be made the same. Are there others?

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
So, you currently have an exploration vessel and a light figter.

On your want list is an exploration vessel, gunboat/drop ship, a heavy fighter, and a hauler.

Neither the Aquila or the Vanguard would necessarily complement your ships but would instead be redundant, larger versions or what you already have. If you're really looking for a complementary ship, either the Redeemer or the Gemini would be the right way to go.

(edit) - As for modularity, I think the plan is to have everything be modular to at least some extent. Some will be more so than others, but everything should be able to swap out a good portion of their equipment in order to fill the role of one of its other variants. The caveat may be that variant X with swapped gear to function like variant Y may not function quite as well as variant Y at its own role.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
either the Redeemer or the Gemini would be the right way to go
See, this is how I'm thinking. I have certain roles already filled, and I'd like to round out my capability list. I'll probably end up leaning heavily towards exploration and fighting, so the Redeemer (especially with modules or BUKs) would be nice. However, as it stands the Star G is a gorgeous ship, and I get hung up on the fact that it's not always available. Limited addition and all, although that means nothing once the PU hits in full force.
Starfarer
Starfarer Gemini - if this goes on sale would be a great choice.

No explanation needed.
Cosmic, I think I'll come to you for all advice. Direct, simple, to the point. Haha. I like it. You didn't perhaps spend time in the military did you? ;)

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks for serving. I went to sea on several Canadian Naval ships. Enjoyed every minute of it.
I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love military life. Thought about transferring to the navy a couple years ago. Then came family. Needless to say that months at sea lost its appeal with the birth of my son. Glad you got the opportunity to work with us. I love multinational exercises and ops.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
After watching the Starfarer tour.... I must say its one very large and impressive ship.

The interior cargo hold is alot bigger than I expected, and its the only current transport ship in the game that can gather,refine and store fuel

I am not sure about other ships, but to me the Starfarer ships are , in my opinion is a steal at that price point

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
After watching the Starfarer tour.... I must say its one very large and impressive ship.

The interior cargo hold is alot bigger than I expected, and its the only current transport ship in the game that can gather,refine and store fuel

I am not sure about other ships, but to me the Starfarer ships are , in my opinion is a steal at that price point

Yeah, I hadn't even thought about it until the holiday live stream. That tour of the ship really turned me onto it. If I do go that way, then I gotta decide on which variant. Lol. Dammit. Adulting is hard.

I want to know about modules before I commit though. With the way CIG seems to be going with ships, IE the avenger, the vanguard, tali, etc, I really want to know what kind of modules will be available for some of these mid-sized vessels.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Anyone else loosing sleep trying to decide what to buy next week? Personally I want something that'll compliment my DURp and Sabre. It's tearing me apart trying to decide between the Aquila, Redeemer, and Vanguard, Star G. I do want something that feels like home base though, you know, walk around in it, have quarters, etc. I've decided to leave the bigger ships so I have something to work towards (looking at you Carrack)

Why an Aquila when you already have a Dur? I would look at a hauling ship to make money, maybe a Max or a Hull series, you have a fighter and an explorer already. If anything maybe upgrade your Dur to a Carrack?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Why an Aquila when you already have a Dur? I would look at a hauling ship to make money, maybe a Max or a Hull series, you have a fighter and an explorer already. If anything maybe upgrade your Dur to a Carrack?
Carrack: I want something to work towards in game. The DURp is apparently the largest ship that can use small jump holes, this making it slightly more versatile then Carrack. Also, I can solo a DURp. I just love the Freelancer. I'm looking for something mid sized that I can use with TESTies when the need arises. Something versatile, fun, etc. I love the look of the Carrack. Love everything about it. Just not sold on spending the extra 65 bucks(I have 285 in credits and upgrade potential) at this point, especially with Christmas just around the corner.
Any of you that have a 250 dollar ship, you can get a $0.00 CCU upgrade to a Banu MM if they sell it.
You know, that BMM looks beautiful, and a steal at 250. Sell me on this thing Sunder. Will it be modable, al la the Connie's and Carrack? BUKs maybe? Is its sole purpose trade, or can you turn it into a CnC vessel, smuggler, exultation mods, etc?

On that note, what are good smuggling ships? Phoenix? What else?

Fuck boys, I'm all over the board. Haha.

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
I'd say the merchantman, but if you end up leaning that way, just remember it's a black hole of info and has been for quite awhile.

But I think its lines make it a perfect looking pirate ship.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Oh jesus I might have a [REDACTED] for the starfarer, more than I already did.
Also, if they bring back the BMM, I might have to say goodbye to my LTI Tali and my 325.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'd say the merchantman, but if you end up leaning that way, just remember it's a black hole of info and has been for quite awhile.

But I think its lines make it a perfect looking pirate ship.
I've been eye fucking her curves tonight, and I'm not going to lie, stress lookin but pretty. May be the beer. It's probably the beer. But Fuck, she looks nice.
Oh jesus I might have a [REDACTED] for the starfarer, more than I already did.
Also, if they bring back the BMM, I might have to say goodbye to my LTI Tali and my 325.
Right ? Decisions and adulting are hard!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
stress lookin but pretty
That's some gooder grammer right there. Ha.
Make sure to do a search engine for it and find the pic of it blasting it's cannons.
I've seen that one. *shudders*. I'm spent. Ha. Sexy.
I may grab an upgrade kit for it. Worse comes to worse, I CCU to it when she released. If I don't like her, I switch. RSI page doesn't have any info on the guns. Not much anyways. Where is the info on them?

Forgot your password?