Chronicles of Elyria - The Searing Plague

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Whether you've been following this kickstarter game or not, Chronicles of Elyria has just started a community event called the Searing Plague. They need the community, backers as well as non-backers, to participate in this event help shape the world and lore of Elyria. You can either fight the plague or spread it and the outcome will change the face of Elyria.

More details are available here:
https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/26945/Will-you-survive-the-Searing-Plague-Event

I know other TEST members have been following this development as well. We can work together here and help each other work our way through the role tiers and help shape yet another game.

If you've pledged to this already or have just been following the development you can make a difference. This also gives non-pledgers a chance to earn the basic package as well as rewards for current backers.

The event ends, and the outcome forever becomes a Chronicle in Elyria's history, on September 14th at noon pacific time.

So help me find a cure for the Searing Plague

Or help spread the Plague

Last edited:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
That game looks really interesting. I haven't backed it yet though...

I'll definitely check out the link when I get back from vacation!

Is there a Test guild?

Reactions: Bambooza

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
There was a lot of interest back in 2016 when the kickstarter was announced. A few people backed it, a few more followed it, but not sure anybody ever started any kind of TEST organization or guild. It's been over two years in development now and they actually have more to see. They've made progress but still some time away from a release possibly in late 2019.

Here is the original post about it:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/anyone-else-keeping-an-eye-on-chronicles-of-elyria.6642/

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'm too lazy to read about it; anyone want to describe it for me?
I tried to read through it... It's overly complicated if you ask me...

It seems like a browser game that's designed as a viral advertisement for the actual game which is not playable or available at the moment as far as I can tell.

I had signed up a long time ago and it says I'm a plague carrier, but I can't really do anything. It just wants me to spam my friends with a URL telling them about the game.

I'm probably missing something but I've been at the beach all day and I've had too much alcohol.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I tried to read through it... It's overly complicated if you ask me...

It seems like a browser game that's designed as a viral advertisement for the actual game which is not playable or available at the moment as far as I can tell.

I had signed up a long time ago and it says I'm a plague carrier, but I can't really do anything. It just wants me to spam my friends with a URL telling them about the game.

I'm probably missing something but I've been at the beach all day and I've had too much alcohol.
Hmmm, think i'll give this one a pass then. That seems basically like a really weird marketing stunt. Not that i have anything against those, really, but, y'know, I've better things to do, eh? Even if those things are sit around and drink.

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
The event is neat so far, like the idea that depending on which way the plague/cure goes it creates lore for the game and in-game consequences.

For anyone who decides to sign up an account, you can use my friend code: 21BAA0

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
If your a backer you generate purity, if your not a backer you generate plague. Basically you want to rid yourself of the plague however possible by 9am PST everyday or that plague adds to the plague total.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
After much confusion, and even more beer, I have somehow unlocked my first role. Now to figure out how it works and continue this frustrating, yet intriguing event.

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
I just reached Sage, a tier 2 pure role.

Now I'm able to generate a lot more purity in a single day.

Oh if anyone wants to try and get a free game package, I have some friends that are organizing purity trading. PM me if you want in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halvix
Forgot your password?