CIG finally made an armor set I REALLY want - Shipjacker Heavy

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does it's set of gauntlets come with a "screw you, I might be dead, but so are all of you" nuke to wipe out everybody & thing within a few Km radius? That would be 1 hell of a way to TESTify within an enemy org base after having drank them all under the table & out of alcohol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I thought it was your typical predator cosplayer from some convention...
Then I thought it was some new alien bounty hunter reveal!
Way to ruin the mood CiG, it's just another armor set.
But I do like it, very intimidating! I hope it will cost a fortune, or be harder to aquire at least, it would ruin the mood pretty quickly if the half the galaxy was running around wearing that alien helmet imo.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
There are some things I'm disappointed about in regards to armor in this game. Each subsequent set from the undersuit just gets more and more bulky and barrel shaped around the torso. and limbs. I also dislike how 'weighty' armor is. We're 900 years in the future and for some reason our armor tech is from the Iraq war. We can make thin cloth that can stop small arms fire today and layer it to make it even more effective. The only thing we can't do well at this time is protect the body easily from the kinetic force of the hit so we have to use hard plating to get around that. The heavy armor in the game makes it seem like we just developed Kevlar for the first time and we're putting it over large ceramic plates.

I think they could slim the armor down somewhat like the medium sets usually are with a bit more bulk and be better off.

On a positive note, I count several pouches on this armor and with personal inventory that makes me happy.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I think they could slim the armor down somewhat like the medium sets usually are with a bit more bulk and be better off.
bulkier armor makes you look more like a mech warrior, which has cool associations for lots of folks

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You know that you succeeded in winning the drinking contest the night before with your friends when you can wake up and convert the boxes & cans from your previous nights festivities into full coverage armor of alcoholic domination.

I do like it, very intimidating! I hope it will cost a fortune, or be harder to aquire at least, it would ruin the mood pretty quickly if the half the galaxy was running around wearing that alien helmet imo.
I think that they should require the purchase of this armor set by 1st having to complete a long series of bounty hunting quests to gain enough rep & then have each piece be awarded for completing different bounty hunting quests in different areas of the system which would reward different parts of the set.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Although that armor looks really, really cool, I'm not much into heavy armor that makes you move like a turtle.
I prefer agile armor that don't slow you down, so sure hope there is light, medium variants of that and I pick it one up asap.
🍻

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
There are some things I'm disappointed about in regards to armor in this game. Each subsequent set from the undersuit just gets more and more bulky and barrel shaped around the torso. and limbs. I also dislike how 'weighty' armor is. We're 900 years in the future and for some reason our armor tech is from the Iraq war. We can make thin cloth that can stop small arms fire today and layer it to make it even more effective. The only thing we can't do well at this time is protect the body easily from the kinetic force of the hit so we have to use hard plating to get around that. The heavy armor in the game makes it seem like we just developed Kevlar for the first time and we're putting it over large ceramic plates.

On a positive note, I count several pouches on this armor and with personal inventory that makes me happy.
I agree with you it would be nice to have more light and med armor instead of the wa

Image result for sci fi armor
Related image
Related image

Forgot your password?