CIG may be wiping dormant prospects from Referral program, a purchase will NOT count!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Remember when CIG was approaching 3 million players count?
I prepared two new accounts using my referral code link, one alt and one I later decided for my Dad in law to try to get citizen number 3 million.
The alt was named TESTisBEST because I figured if featured for hitting 3 million that would be good propaganda for us.
I made my Dad's account first right before citizen number 3 million, I saw the count go up 1 and with under maybe 10 spots left, it was climbing fast.
I took a screenshot.
I quickly made my new alt account TESTisBEST and I should have hit very close (within 5) of 3 million... but come to find out, YOU DON'T GET A CITIZEN NUMBER unless you buy a game package.
I had no idea and felt like an idiot.

So, I waited to buy a game package for these accounts until the next referral bonus so that my Dad in law and I would get a bonus.

Come to this new referral event
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18039-Alpha-313-Referral-Bonus
I attempt to log into my Dad in law account and it's acting like the account doesn't exist.
I attempt to reset the password and that works to get access.
I buy a game package for him.
Check my main, no recruit.... WTF?
I check the prospect list, the account is nowhere to be found in my prospect list either... nor on my recruits list.
WTF?

I checked the prospect list for my alt account. TESTisBEST is still a prospect... so then why was the other account removed from the list?

This may be proof (unless I screwed up which I think I did not) CIG removes dormant prospects that decided not to buy under whatever conditions to get this weird status on the account, from your prospects list. Even though CIG keeps the data, the accounts still do exist, but the specific status removes the account from the prospect list.
That is beyond F'd up.
And I am really pissed....
Because this means, how many others were wiped from my prospects list?
I am 500 recruits away from the leader board, would I be there already if dormant prospects who decided to buy months later were not wiped from my prospect list?
WTH CIG?!

I think I posted those screenshots somewhere in our forum for the 3 million player thread... anyone have a link to the thread?

Edit:
CIG fixed the referrals data page on the website today, May 12th 2021. Everything is good today

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Its possible its an automated system that looks for possible discrepancies, like multiple accounts being created from the same IP?
Yea I think it's something automated like that. Shouldn't matter though as nothing in TOS says you can't have multiple accounts AFAIK or that you can't make accounts for your family members. ETC.
I used my referral link for both accounts and confirmed the code was used, I remember they both popped up in my prospects list.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Update, so I think it's something to do with referral list data...
because an Aurora ES was just awarded to my hangar,
but nothing in my recruit list today, and the account is missing from both tabs.
Prospects list, TESTISBEST made within seconds after my dad in law alt but it's not in list below TESTISBEST
NotinProspects.jpg

It is also not in the recruits list
NotINRecruits.jpg

And I have just been credited an aurora since making this thread, without any new account in my recruits list.... so then.. seems it seems there is a data disconnect of some kind???...

JustCredtedButNotviaRecruitList.jpg

This is not the first time I've had problems with the referral lists data... there has been a problem for many months with recruit data not showing more than the last 200 recruits (manual trick) or past the first 100 most recent if using the drop down option.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/5/thread/referral-program-recruit-list-is-broken-for-4-mont

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
*Checks account*

I don't have an LTI ES but also have not put my Ref Code about much. Either it's a Bug that you have one, or it's a bug you're not seeing your referrals...?

Either way, I'm calling Bug on this one.

Bug.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This was something interesting to be the 1st thing I see after finally getting my PC running after having to move suddenly. I'm guessing that everything was resolved before I booted my PC. Good news though, I now also have an Aurora ES, but I might upgrade it to an LN. Either way, I'll have it ready to TESTify in the Verse from now on.

SC - Aurora ES with LTI 4-24-2021.PNG

Forgot your password?