Citizen 2020 date announced: Oct 10th, LA Convention Center

Cyril

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyril
With rolling over more then max PDO last year due to crazy work load I'm for sure putting that to use for making it this year.
I've never made to CitizenCon before and haven't ever been to LA

How much stuff normally takes place before? Should I head out to be there the evening of the 8th or go for earlier?
I'm guessing Burbank is probably the best option to fly into?

I expect tickets are going to be easier this year due to the size of the venue. With SQ42 planned for beta this year I just can't picture passing this one up.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
The game only really began development last month.
Too funny. I think it took them 6 years to get their stride. We still do not have markets, crafting, or a reason to really play yet. I think they put too much time in building ships, rebuilding ships, and rebuilding them again. That's ok though, I still support the vision and I can't wait to build the TEST empire. I'll probably go too, if not to do anything, but express the CD opinions.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I've begun negotiations with Mrs Owl. Now hopefully work doesn't kibosh everything, lol. October had been booked for the last 4 years for me: courses, exercises, deployments, etc. Fingers crossed. This may be a "buy a ticket and hope for the best scenario".
I think this is a scenario where you tell people, "No." Don't give details, don't try to reason with them why you want it off, "No" is a complete and contained sentence.

Somehow I feel this CitCon is going to be huge. Don't know why, just a gut feeling I have. You need to be here! ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think this is a scenario where you tell people, "No." Don't give details, don't try to reason with them why you want it off, "No" is a complete and contained sentence.

Somehow I feel this CitCon is going to be huge. Don't know why, just a gut feeling I have. You need to be here! ;)
Haha, well, I may be posted this summer, BUT, if I get a leave pass in early, chances are my new unit will allow it to happen, especially considering that weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Fuck. I could drive to Syracuse or Rochester and fly from there. Probably way cheaper.

Reactions: Zapper Weisman

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
well the Ontario air port is relatively close and was planning to head out to LA on the 9th any ways. the air port code is ONT. if you find a cheeper flight heading to that Air port in Californa let me know i might be able to pick you up and bring you out. trip from ONT to LA is 45 min to 2 hrs depending on traffic.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
well the Ontario air port is relatively close and was planning to head out to LA on the 9th any ways. the air port code is ONT. if you find a cheeper flight heading to that Air port in Californa let me know i might be able to pick you up and bring you out. trip from ONT to LA is 45 min to 2 hrs depending on traffic.
I hate the Ontario airport. John Wayne is better in every way. And is closer to LA.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind.
Really wish I could go this year, but alas I have family visiting, and hopefully a 2 month old baby boy.
What what what?!? Danmmmmmmmn, congrats!!

Reactions: Bambooza

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
2 month old? Bring him! He has a Game package yet?
Well I do have a 100i game package I could maybe spare when he's old enough. Though maybe if crusader put out a starter I'd get one of those.

What what what?!? Danmmmmmmmn, congrats!!
Congratulations on the new copilot/rear gunner! :)
Thank you guys, really looking forward to it, especially when he's old enough to play - the game might be just out of alpha then too ;)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I will definitely be there! I'm planning on taking a couple days off around then and seeing if there's any events going on.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
The time off is easy, getting an actual ticket may be the only annoying part. It sure as f*** was this last year.

Things to look forward to/back on!! -
Getting drunk with Testies (Shive, Mromutt.. damn guys.. sorry I missed most of it)
MOAR ships!
Totally unexpected and geeky conversations with the Queen of Ship Design, Sarah MCculloch (all of you pale in comparison).
Translating wmk after he has had a few...
Waiting for that one moment when O'lefty might be sober. (failed*)
Walking into Morphologis' B-roll.
Costa Coffee run with a very hung over Boredgamer.
Baior!
Eating a Torpedo Burrito. And keeping it down.
REALLY BIG screens full of Carrack.
Lots of concierge standing around as BBC interviewer looks for someone with less than $1000 in the game.
People asking where the hell Montoya is...
Getting the compliments of presenting Hasgaha's print to CIG while having nothing to do with it. FOR THE GLORY OF TEST!
Conversations with dozens of people who share this insanity at a very deep psychological level.
Oh, and ah, presentations. Of course. There were some, I'm sure....

So, yeah. Tickets to LA inbound.

Forgot your password?