Citizen Con 2016

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I would like to attend. Once tickets go on sale and I have a definite, I'll look forward to seeing the rest of you

Reactions: dethos

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I believe I have talked my girlfriend into us going!!!

Doesn't hurt that she's from SoCal and wants to visit her friends.

Reactions: dethos

Grimzar

Vice Admiral
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimzar
So for Star Citizen Con I'm afraid I might not be able to make it (But who know) so beside that I'm hoping to give you lots of luck with a Testie Idea if this hasn't been brought up. Since we are a lovable beer loving group i thought it would be a nice idea to have to wear these Yellow Beer Hats with Test logo on it with Beers attached (They can be empty if even does not allow to bring beer) to show everyone the true spirit of our organization. I attached a link where you can get one for just under 10$ and I leave up to you guys if we can get stickers to attach the logo. What do you guys think?
:p

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
Three words.
Count
Snakey
In

EDIT: gonna make some type of cosplay. TEST themed stormtrooper armour or mado?

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
If there's a a reasonable
Will be buying a ticket and then seeing if I'll actually be able to go closer to the date.
dito

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
as of now im looking at the airport hilton, i like hiltons and 169 a night is pretty good.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
as of now im looking at the airport hilton, i like hiltons and 169 a night is pretty good.
FYI: LAX (and it's hotels) are a ways away from the Citizen Con venue AND anything fun to do. Walking is not an option. Public transit in LA is utter shite. You'll be taking a cab/uber everywhere, frequently.

If you stay at a hotel in Hollywood, its much easier to walk to some of the fun places and the CitCon venue. And you can always just jump on the bus to go a bit farther down the road.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
FYI: LAX (and it's hotels) are a ways away from the Citizen Con venue AND anything fun to do. Walking is not an option. Public transit in LA is utter shite. You'll be taking a cab/uber everywhere, frequently.

If you stay at a hotel in Hollywood, its much easier to walk to some of the fun places and the CitCon venue. And you can always just jump on the bus to go a bit farther down the road.
it depends on the price difference. if i can rent a car and still save some money lax hotel might be worth it. the hotels i saw that were closer were like 350 a night. edit. this one doesnt look too bad, not usually crazy about best westerns though http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/CA/Hollywood-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Hollywood-Hills-Hotel/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=05204&cm_mmc=BL-_-Google-_-GMB-_-05204 and its 2 minutes away from the venue.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
$175 a night? that's good beer money you're spending! This one looks like it's about $73/night currently, just over a mile away from the con, and I'm almost certain that you won't get stabbed there. There are also some hostels out there if people wanted to try and save some money that way.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
$175 a night? that's good beer money you're spending! This one looks like it's about $73/night currently, just over a mile away from the con, and I'm almost certain that you won't get stabbed there. There are also some hostels out there if people wanted to try and save some money that way.
"Almost certain" lol. it would be dope though if we could all book together and get a whole floor or a discount or something.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
wow, I lived two blocks from Hollywood & Vine in the early eighties

there were some really cheap but scary/depraved hotels close by back then

I'm getting psyched for a nostalgic road trip

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
wow, I lived two blocks from Hollywood & Vine in the early eighties

there were some really cheap but scary/depraved hotels close by back then

I'm getting psyched for a nostalgic road trip
haha I am still looking for hotels and the ones I can afford near by look seedy as hell

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
it depends on the price difference. if i can rent a car and still save some money lax hotel might be worth it. the hotels i saw that were closer were like 350 a night. edit. this one doesnt look too bad, not usually crazy about best westerns though http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/CA/Hollywood-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Hollywood-Hills-Hotel/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=05204&cm_mmc=BL-_-Google-_-GMB-_-05204 and its 2 minutes away from the venue.
looks nice. Dont wanna use up my bank on it though...

Forgot your password?