Citizen Con 2016

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I stayed here on my LA trip. $139 a night.

http://www.mikadohotels.com

It's about 7 miles straight down the 101. Pretty nice rooms and free parking. They have group discounts but we'd all have to coordinate.

I will be staying in Anaheim, however, at the http://www.hotelmenage.com. It's pretty far away so I wouldn't recommend, but that's the only way I could get my girlfriend to agree to go.

It is $129, so $10 cheaper a night. And right across from Disney!

Reactions: ThomSirveaux

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
The one Warren suggested was pretty cheap, 75 a night. And he guarantees you probably won't be stabbed! But seriously I'm probably just going to be passing out there it should be good enough. I've never been to LA so I'll probably be doing dumb tourist stuff... and going to dispensaries.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
You better believe I'll be there. Gonna have to make Citizen v2.0 video with all you guys in it this time!

Maybe I can get the wife and kids to visit family in Sacramento so I can have some Testies crash at my place.

I smell a TEST Squadron BBQ in LA!

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
You better believe I'll be there. Gonna have to make Citizen v2.0 video with all you guys in it this time!

Maybe I can get the wife and kids to visit family in Sacramento so I can have some Testies crash at my place.

I smell a TEST Squadron BBQ in LA!

mummy, whats a strip club?

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I should mention that the LA Branch of TEST Squadron (@UbEcLoWn and myself) are more than welcome to help accommodate people in their quest for epic BBQ and booze. Additionally, I may be able to let someone couch surf, if my wife is okay with it. :)

Reactions: UbEcLoWn

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I stayed here on my LA trip. $139 a night.

http://www.mikadohotels.com

It's about 7 miles straight down the 101. Pretty nice rooms and free parking. They have group discounts but we'd all have to coordinate.

I will be staying in Anaheim, however, at the http://www.hotelmenage.com. It's pretty far away so I wouldn't recommend, but that's the only way I could get my girlfriend to agree to go.

It is $129, so $10 cheaper a night. And right across from Disney!
This is right around the corner from me (like, 3 miles away)!

And if you're looking for hotels, look around the North Hollywood and San Fernando Valley area. The Redline subway station is in NoHo, and there's a subway station right around the corner. In and out for about $4 round trip, and you don't have to worry about drinking too much.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Travel lodge and quality inn near burbank airport are both 80ish per night.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I have been sitting here waiting on @UbEcLoWn and @ThomSirveaux to chime in.

We were already planning the part at one of your houses. I just neglected to tell you.

Anywho, @chrizz and myself are planning on being in LA Thursday-Tuesday. Just fyi.
My parents have a nice 4 bedroom house that could easily host 10+ people, with air matresses and sleeping bags, if needed. I'll just send them on a nice vacation somewhere and we can have a party, there.

Caveat: they have an amazing German Shepherd. If you're allergic or don't like dogs, tough :) That and it's 20 minutes from the subway station in NoHo. North hollywood, of course, being about 30 minutes away from actual Hollywood. Go figure.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
Wow, well that what @ThomSirveaux is suggesting sounds pretty awesome. On the note of the airbnb listings, I feel like we could fit quite a few more than 6 people into one of those with some air mattresses and they have two queen size beds. I'm only 5'8" on a good day, so the couch looks comfy as hell to me. :D

In all seriousness, I unfortunately won't be able to determine if I can go until around June-July but if I can I'll be more than happy to chip in for housing, beer, and transport.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Wow, well that what @ThomSirveaux is suggesting sounds pretty awesome. On the note of the airbnb listings, I feel like we could fit quite a few more than 6 people into one of those with some air mattresses and they have two queen size beds. I'm only 5'8" on a good day, so the couch looks comfy as hell to me. :D

In all seriousness, I unfortunately won't be able to determine if I can go until around June-July but if I can I'll be more than happy to chip in for housing, beer, and transport.
That's fine. I'll drop the question to my parentals, tomorrow. Probably just ask if they'd like to go on a vacation for whichever weekend.

As for the AirBnBs, well, they typically charge an arm and a leg if you keep adding people. Some units won't let you go over a certain number, so it may be that we sneak people in with air mattresses.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
The one Warren suggested was pretty cheap, 75 a night. And he guarantees you probably won't be stabbed! But seriously I'm probably just going to be passing out there it should be good enough. I've never been to LA so I'll probably be doing dumb tourist stuff... and going to dispensaries.
you need a prescription for weed, look in the back of LA WEEKLY and there will be some dude with an ad for like $20. you just go in and say you have back pain they dont really give a shit (not that id know or anything)lol

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I have been sitting here waiting on @UbEcLoWn and @ThomSirveaux to chime in.

We were already planning the part at one of your houses. I just neglected to tell you.

Anywho, @chrizz and myself are planning on being in LA Thursday-Tuesday. Just fyi.
booked a flight !
now i need a ticket :P

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
That's fine. I'll drop the question to my parentals, tomorrow. Probably just ask if they'd like to go on a vacation for whichever weekend.

As for the AirBnBs, well, they typically charge an arm and a leg if you keep adding people. Some units won't let you go over a certain number, so it may be that we sneak people in with air mattresses.
So i would totally be willing to give your parents money to stay at their house provided theres room and the people who couldn't necessarily afford a hotel have a place to stay. Also i love dogs.

Reactions: PSIcoh
Forgot your password?