CitizenCon 2016 Reactions

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Yep was sorta of let down by the lack of ships of a ship announcement. Did I miss some slides or were there no ships listed on the 2.6 or 3.0 slides as being ready?
I thought it was new ships with every new release discussed but don't remember for 2.6 (might have been Dragonfly and 2 or 3 others), the roadmap was all goodness other than having to wait 9-12 months for my Carrack.

'Gimp

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Yep was sorta of let down by the lack of ships of a ship announcement. Did I miss some slides or were there no ships listed on the 2.6 or 3.0 slides as being ready?
They may have let them go without saying on 2.6. If I remember, they were shooting for the cat and the herald. 3.0 was on the slide though. They showed the Ursa rover, dragonfly, caterpillar, and the aquilla. So I guess they will be missing the cat on the 2.6 release.

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
Need to rewatch the stream tomorrow. But, overall was impressed with the Spectrum announcement and work. To me the Demo WAS the SQ42 preview. But also a demo of the PU to come. All I could think of was flying in to survey and start mining on a planet surface only to end up in a firefight with pirate scum trying to take advantage of a planet bound player(s) in FPS mode.

Still concerned about the timeline, I want to play now...not when I start drawing Social Security....lol

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
3.0 had the caterpillar, Dragonfly, aquila, and rover I though.
I remember the slide now. I didn't get a pick of it. I started capturing as soon as it mentioned ships and features for Rock Raiders.

And even though they mention both Farming and Research, there's no mention of the Endeavor!

Also, the demo had the Aquila and it was a sexy ship! I'm still upgrading mine to a Crucible, but it was sleek.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I remember the slide now. I didn't get a pick of it. I started capturing as soon as it mentioned ships and features for Rock Raiders.

And even though they mention both Farming and Research, there's no mention of the Endeavor!

Also, the demo had the Aquila and it was a sexy ship! I'm still upgrading mine to a Crucible, but it was sleek.
Yeah man, I can't wait for 3.0. I have an Aquila. Dunno if I'll keep her ot the Carrack. It's a hard choice. I may turn the Aquila into a Harbinger, or keep it and turn my Carrack into a Reclaimer. Life choices! Haha.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
So, bear with me, if Spectrum is kind of Teamspeak/Discord/RSI forums tied into the game, what role could e-warfare play with it?
Could a Herald, for example, hack your dank memes? Will there be a kek economy?
It's time to start taking Shitpost Division more seriously...
mock-surprise-gif.gif

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So, bear with me, if Spectrum is kind of Teamspeak/Discord/RSI forums tied into the game, what role could e-warfare play with it?
Could a Herald, for example, hack your dank memes? Will there be a kek economy?
It's time to start taking Shitpost Division more seriously...
View attachment 4174
No one is going to use the spectrum for this reason. It was decided log ago that the whole in game voice with delay and hacking and all those other features were simply trumped by having a dedicated out of game voice client. Unless CR wants to lock your computer, which would cause massive backlash, the spectrum will be mostly dead on arrival. Reddit already beat this horse dead revived it and veat it dead again and each time it has been concluded "rather they spend more time on game than iin game voice/IM".

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
No one is going to use the spectrum for this reason. It was decided log ago that the whole in game voice with delay and hacking and all those other features were simply trumped by having a dedicated out of game voice client. Unless CR wants to lock your computer, which would cause massive backlash, the spectrum will be mostly dead on arrival. Reddit already beat this horse dead revived it and veat it dead again and each time it has been concluded "rather they spend more time on game than iin game voice/IM".
Yup, with you on that one. If in-game communication can be hacked (with the info runner stuff), it won't be used for anything worth hacking. If I am going to be running a high value cargo through risky space, I am not going to take that chance. Likewise, if a group is doing some infiltration work, they're not going to be using localized voip.

I love the idea. However, it's just not going to happen. Just like the forums on an already established org website (like this one). Just like an already running and active discord/mumble/teamspeak. Save stuff like this for future patches and not release.

Forgot your password?