Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Here is the line up:

• OPENING WITH CHRIS ROBERTS
The Chairman himself, Chris Roberts kicks off this year’s event.

• LIFE IN THE ’VERSE
This year’s biggest panel takes you on a guided tour of the current in-game universe. Join the developers who bring it all to life to explore locations, systems, and gameplay, and more.

• SHIP TALK
In this year’s Ship Talk presentation, John Crewe, Ben Curtis, and Paul Jones reveal new and upcoming ships, delve into their journey through production, and provide some much anticipated updates about a fan favorite vessel.

• GEN 12 & THE MULTICORE OF VULKAN
We’ll delve into the nitty gritty details of Gen12, the new renderer being developed for Star Citizen and Squadron 42, utilizing the Vulkan graphics API, with a particular focus on multi-CPU parallelism as well as improved flexibility for quicker feature development. We’ll look at why it was needed, its architecture and how this aids performance, and we’ll give you an update on its progress.

• CRAFTING WORLDS: PLANETARY TOOLS & TECH
A big-picture look at some of the new planet tech features being developed to help further bring Star Citizen to life.

• SERVER MESHING & THE STATE OF PERSISTENCE
Discover the transformative technologies of Server Meshing and Persistent Streaming. A deep dive into the technical architecture of these key core initiatives that will enable a truly massive, scalable and persistent world.

• THE SOUNDS OF SPACE
The mad minds behind the soundscapes of Star Citizen take you on a guided tour of the latest developments in the innovative new audio tech that truly brings the ’verse to life.

• SYSTEMIC GAMEPLAY: STREAM OF THOUGHT
Tony Zurovec leads a wide-ranging discussion with Rob Reininger, Ben Dorsey, and Luke Pressley about upcoming features like selling used items, local inventory, the convergence of the reputation and mission systems, why physicalized cargo is so important, the next couple of Dynamic Events, and more. Tony will also give an update on how efforts to integrate the first few bits of the Quantum simulation into the game are proceeding.

• CLOSING WITH CHRIS ROBERTS
Chris Roberts returns to take us home.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm curious what will be shown & looking forward to whatever surprises we receive.
"Squadron 42 to be delayed for at least another 5 years as CIG pivots towards a live action Star Citizen movie. Developer Chris Roberts claims his success with the Wing Commander movie will help deliver the ultimate non-interactive Space Simulation experience to a hungry player base."

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
"Squadron 42 to be delayed for at least another 5 years as CIG pivots towards a live action Star Citizen movie. Developer Chris Roberts claims his success with the Wing Commander movie will help deliver the ultimate non-interactive Space Simulation experience to a hungry player base."
Based on the posted schedule, I'm expecting to see CR at least 2 time on screen & at least 1 ship Jpeg at some point during the event. I'm doing my best to keep my expectations low, so that when they're blown away, victory is ours!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
(Is it only me or goes the word "eighth" look like it isn't spelt right by default?)
Answering a probably rhetorical question... Yeah, it's not. It's like a 14th c spelling that stuck around. The route from Latin makes sense but it came to England via the Holy Roman Empire - so what we know as Germanic countries, not Italian, French, Spanish. There was also a strong influence on England coming from the western part of Lothringia, so like the Netherlands. You have Charlemain's family squabbles to thank for it - we still see that influence in the UK and most of Europe.

... I could talk your ear off about this...

BUT I like the SC progress plans, we'll see what they get through and what gets delayed. What I'm really looking for is at least 200 players, very soon.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Talk at me, Tony. Talk at me for as long as you like. If someone threatens to cut your stream for length, we have assets in place who are prepared to do what is necessary to buy you the airtime you desire. Tell the people what they need to hear. Tell them all of the wonders you've birthed!

*cough*...oh, and it also might be cool to see some progress on the Merchantman. Not holding my breath, but a man can dream.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hope C.R. has some razzle dazzle up his sleeve for the closing.

So little hype leading up to this year's Citizencon otherwise.
I got distracted by shiny things and missed the first 5 minutes. Logged in at 4.05 and missed the intro entirely 😄

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
it wasn't much. So far the show has been all pre-recorded so not much different than a normal weekly update.
That's cool, Twitch seems to make my Laptop run hot so I'm only going to watch the ship section and the closing speech and watch the rest on the 'Tube when it is uploaded.

Forgot your password?