Citizencon 2022

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its all about 4.0 on that page, so very likely some surprise video and content about more SQ42 stuff, then at least 2 new concept sales, saving 1 concept sale for Xmas time.

The only thing I really need to see on Saturday is the progress on SQ42 so they can just get it out of the way already.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Its all about 4.0 on that page, so very likely some surprise video and content about more SQ42 stuff, then at least 2 new concept sales, saving 1 concept sale for Xmas time.

The only thing I really need to see on Saturday is the progress on SQ42 so they can just get it out of the way already.
Yeah, I think I'm going to go take a nap instead. 😴💤
I don't quite remember the last time I didn't like that idea. I might have been 5.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

You're rather optimistic. Care for a friendly wager?

My stance is what you see is what we get nothing more and if we are lucky next year's citizencon is 4.0 with the following year the beta release of sq42 and until then not a word about it.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Your rather optimistic . Care for a friendly wager?

My stance is what you see is what we get nothing more and if we are lucky next years citizcon is 4.0 witth the following year the beta release of aq42 and until then not a word about it.
I'm putting 50 internetbucks on this one, I don't see anything being announced that isn't listed, and certainly nothing on sq42 apart from the usual "we are working on it, no spoilers"

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
This is going to be an all digital Citizencon as CIG is focused on moving to new offices and that shits expensive.

I still remember the "space door" saga....

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Maybe I dont follow as closely as others but the info about pyro and the new underground sounds pretty great to me.
Sounds great. Marketing can take water from the tap, and make you think it's "clean fresh spring water" that you'd pay for.

Ya. Perhaps we can throw our own testicon? Then those internetbucks can be turned into shots or pints!
If I had a shot or pint for every ship in my fleet that hasn't been delivered, it'd be a hell of an event!

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
So here is the update on the show for this coming Saturday

Not a lot of content.

TBH, I'm happy with it. Sounds like were going to get a lot of info still, and on topics I am interested in. I wholeheartedly expect this Citcon to be a 7.5 out of 10, which is still great.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm putting 50 internetbucks on this one, I don't see anything being announced that isn't listed, and certainly nothing on sq42 apart from the usual "we are working on it, no spoilers"
I second that, what I expect is a another trailer on Pyro and some re-issue of things already seen like, some river tech, new cave, some concept of derelict ships and so on...
Since a couple of years info on new things are a bit bland expecially since there isn't much progression in the geme implementation itself, at least ffrom the player prospective.

SQ42 will still be a mirage with no info about it... best thing I'll expect about it is some sneakpic of some Javellin interior and some progress or concept update on some Vanduul ships as a prevew for some update for also the PU.

Very glad to be prove wrong about the actuall content of the CitizenCon.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Meh. Its more of a ship sale these days than it is an honest look behind the scenes of development. There's protecting the audience from spoilers and there's fumbling an excuse to not have footage of a game in development for over a decade. I'm thinking this is a fumblerooski. Papa Roberts is getting addicted to selling ships and seems to be losing sight of his responsibility to the community. I get that ship designers aren't the ones building out the netcode, but at this point they need to take a hard look at what they're spending their time and money on.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I see NO SQ42 CONTENT

I am disappoint
I used to be disspointed about things before they happened, I was labled a pessimist.

When it turned out I was still dissapointed even if things went how i expected or even better, I was lablled a misomaniac.

I gave up on all that negative energy and I was lablled apathetic.

Now I just ride the Hype train like everyone else... Is it just me, or has there not been much hype this year beyond a few noteable persons who should be in the know saying "it's going to be good"?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
No your right. CIG has done a great job about getting ahead of the hype train and tempering everyone's expectations. Expecialy Jared saying it's just going to be longer versions of inside star citizen and not like previous years. Notice no keynote or year in review?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I do expect a ship sale this CitCon. Especially as we have not seen any major ships this year. I am Expecting a 300+ dollar ship at either IAE or CitCon
Your right I hadn't noticed that there really haven't been any new concept ships. There was the reskinning of the Ballista to make the Centurion 3 months ago and the Drake Mule 4 months ago . The last ship was the Anvil Legionnaire almost 5 months ago.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Your right I hadn't noticed that there really haven't been any new concept ships. There was the reskinning of the Ballista to make the Centurion 3 months ago and the Drake Mule 4 months ago . The last ship was the Anvil Legionnaire almost 5 months ago.
I expect that for IAE, there will be a ground vehicle for salvage. There might also be a medium vehicle for salvage, but they could make one of those a CitizenCon ship. There could also be a medium refinery ship (MOLE sized or bigger). I don't see another exploration ship, but they might have a heavy fighter, or a medium, large, or even capital ship. There might be an alien ship, or there could be a medium or large science vessel, but I don't see that until science game loops appear in the game. Again, this is for IAE and CitizenCon.

Forgot your password?